Chapter 17

Do you guys remember Samantha York? The bully from when Rose was in school?

Well...
_____________________________________________________________________________

“I saw his face. I heard his voice again and I feel sick. I just want it all to end.” I confessed, tears running down my cheeks as I told him the same things I'd told my lawyer.

“I understand, Rosie. But I know you're going to get through this because you're strong.” He replied softly.

“No, I'm not. I'm afraid that I'll do something stupid.” I looked down at my wrists and let out a frustrated sigh. “I don’t want to be here anymore.” I said suddenly, standing up. I meant every word because I just felt so numb.

“Rose, you don't mean that!” Andy exclaimed.

“Don't tell me what I mean. I'm sick of people telling me what to say and how to act.” I snapped. I looked at his face and there was an expression of hurt darkening his features. I let out a sigh as I spoke.

“I'm sorry; you know I didn't mean that. I'm just really afraid.” I told Andy.

“I know, sweetie. It's going to be alright.” He comforted. I nodded before standing up.

“Let's just go home. I don't want to stay here anymore.” I shuddered as I looked up at the looming building in front of me.

“Of course, let's go.” We walked side by side to the car where I assumed the others were. As we walked, I spotted a familiar face. I stopped in my tracks, earning a questioning glance from Andy.

“Samantha...” I muttered under my breath to myself. 

“You fucking whore!” Samantha York screeched. What the hell was she doing here? I widened my eyes as realisation sunk in.

“Oh my god...” I began to put two and two together as I made links in my head.

Samantha had the same natural blonde hair colour as Peter York, their facial features were vaguely similar and their eyes were the same green. I knew it wasn't her father but he had to be family. I felt the colour drain out of my face as I gripped Andy's arm for support.

“What is it, Rosie?” I heard him ask. I suddenly felt like I was going to faint. I took a deep breath, my vision clearing.

“Tell him, Rosie.” Samantha mocked Andy's tone. He shot her a glare before focusing on me. I opened my mouth to answer but she beat me to it.

“Your little bitch lied about my uncle raping her! She's always made up stories, the freak. I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself yet.” She smirked, directing the last part at me. Andy widened his eyes as he registered what was going on.

“You just can't stop ruining people's lives, can you?” She said through gritted teeth. I let go of Andy's arm and stepped up to her.

“Don't you fucking dare tell me I'm lying. I know exactly what happened that night, Samantha. Your uncle is a rapist and he raped those other girls just like he raped me. I haven't killed myself because then I'd be giving in to bitches like you. You're nothing but a bully and I'm done letting you walk all over me. You may be more popular than me, you may be prettier. But guess what? I've got something you'll never have. Dignity.” I spat. I began to walk away as Samantha's mouth hung open.

“If you ever, and I mean ever, bother Rose again, I will destroy you.” Andy spoke calmly but I knew he was anything but. He smirked at her and received an even more shocked expression from Samantha. He caught up with me and got into the driver's seat. He was about to start the car when I stopped him.