Always Outspoken ch.1

Author's Note: This was the first story I wrote a few years ago. Therefore, it's not exactly as great in writing as my other stories (or so I think). I honestly don't even know why I named it Always Outspoken. Anyway, you've been warned! :)

P.S.--> The places & names mentioned aren't real! 

--------------------------------------

ONE:

"Seraphina! Get the last box out of the truck!" my mother yelled from the kitchen of our new house.

"Okay Mom," I sighed. It seemed like I brought in twice as many boxes as everyone else.

We just moved from Oceanview, California to Banting. It's only a few hours away, but there's no beach here. I guess that's something I'll have to get used to.

I brought the last box, which was heavier than I expected, and brought it in the living room where most of the boxes were already. Since the school year already started here, we rushed to get everything packed and didn't label anything; the boxes were left in the living room so that we could go through them and bring the contents where they belonged.

"Kent, have you unpacked any kitchenware?" my mother asked my father.

"No, not yet Jane," he answered.

"Seraphina, go look in those boxes over there for them," my father told me.

"And if you see any of my books, give them to me right away," Elyse, my older sister, added.

You may already be noticing how everyone asks me to do things for them. Well, that's how it's been my whole life. Nobody pays attention to me unless they want something. How lucky am I.

"As much as I love to talk to you, I can't Mom. I need to talk to my guidance counselor about that college physics class," Elyse said as she got out of the car. I was already getting out by then.

"Okay, and you don't need me to come in?" she asked Elyse.

"Thank you, but no. I can handle it. Bye!"

My sister is super smart. A genius, according to her, but she's a little full of herself usually. My parents are always making sure she has everything so that she can maintain her good grades. However, they don't say much to me because I'm an average student. It's not my fault I can't be born a smart freak like my sister.

We walked to the front office, where I was handed my schedule and told where my first class was, which started twenty minutes ago. First was Algebra 2; how lucky I should be to have a math class first. The only empty desk was in the front, so I didn't get a good look at the people in the class. Right away, the girl sitting to my right greeted me.

"Hi! You're new? Well, obviously since you just came in, duh me. What's your name? Where are you from?" she asked quickly before the guy behind her cut in.

"Woah, you're gonna scare the new girl! Sorry, she always talks this much. I'm Cody, and this is Bethany," he smiled. He had a nice smile, with dirty blonde hair.

"Beth," she informed me with a wide smile surrounded by her short half black, half blonde hair. She was definitely brave for trying a hairstyle like that, but she pulled it off.

"Hi, I'm Seraphina. You can call me Sera if you want."

"Pretty name," Beth commented, "where are you from?"

"Thanks, and Oceanview."

"Oh, that's like a couple hours away, right? I've been there like once," she said.