Always Outspoken ch.4

FOUR:

"I hope you all work on your projects thoroughly, and I expect A's on all of them. Oh, and don't give me nonsense about not getting in touch with your partner. That's what the library is for students," Ms. Jones lectured us, giving us handouts on a chemistry project we have to do. She picked the partners, as she always does, and once again I ended up with Jason, which I didn't mind.

"Once again, you're stuck with me," Jason said as we walked to my locker.

"I know, I think I'm getting sick of you," I laughed. I could have sworn I saw disappointment on his face before he realized I was joking. I smiled at that for some reason.

"I think you'll live. Staring at my handsome body won't kill you," he smirked. I laughed.

"What, no comeback?" he joked.

"No, I wouldn't want to damage that huge ego of yours."

"Alright. So when are we going to do this project anyway?"

"Well, we have today if you're busy on the weekend. Unless you want to work on it over the weekend if you're not busy. Or today and the weekend...?" I was babbling. Why was I a babbling loser?

He laughed. He probably thought I was a loser now, if he didn't already figure that out.

"Sorry, I talk a lot when-" I stopped myself before admitting I was nervous in front of him.

"When...?"

"When I'm tired," I lied. I couldn't admit I was nervous around him.

"I'm free today, tomorrow, and the next two days. How about we go over my house after school today to start it?" he replied as we walked to lunch.

"Okay, great."

The rest of my classes were quick. I didn't really pay close attention to the lessons because they were the usual lectures on what we were studying. My teachers taught the same exact thing for three days, which I couldn't figure out why.

After school, I rode the bus home, took a quick shower, changed, and gathered my books before leaving to go to Jason's house. When I got there and knocked on the door, a woman opened the door. I guessed it was Jason's mom, although she looked pretty young.

"Why hello, you must be Jason's friend," she said with a huge smile. Now I know where Jason gets his nice smile.

"Yes, I'm Seraphina," I answered as she motioned for me to come in.

"What a beautiful name. I'm Carol. Jason and Cody are in the living room this way." We walked to the first room on the right. His house was almost as big as mine, but warmer than mine. The way it was decorated made me feel at home, at ease.

"Oh, hey Sera!" Cody said. He was always so hyper. That made me smile.

"Hey Cody, hey Jason." They were sitting on the couch watching TV, but both got up right away when I walked in.

"I see you met my mom," Jason said.

"Don't worry, I'm leaving now. Don't break anything boys. And it was nice meeting you Seraphina," she smiled.

"Nice to meet you too Carol," I said before she left.

"So, why are you here?" Cody asked me.

"Nice to see you too," I joked.

"Dude, I told you she was coming over today for our chemistry project. Remember?" Jason said to him.

"Oh yeah."