Chapter 4

Hello everyone ♥

Summer is finally here! YAYYY! Which means, I'll be updating Double Dare and Under The Mistletoe ALOT more often *applause*

So, I'm going to try something different with this chapter, and I want you guys to tell me if you like it or not :) I'll be switching out different point-of-views, meaning between 1st person and 3rd person. I'm trying to expand my writing skills, so as you look throughout all my work, I've put a little bit more emphasis on one thing or another. Please bare with me!

There really isn't a set of specific songs that I have planned to inspire this chapter, but there is a quote from the movie Pride and Prejudice, which is my favourite movie of all time, that I absolutely love and feel that it describes this chapter, as well as upcoming chapters, almost perfectly. And for the picture in the sidebar, it's not exactly what I envisioned the beach house to be like, but it's the closest thing I've seen so far!

My good opinion once lost is lost forever.

_____________________________________________________________________________

The Mullingar boy could only hear the wonderful sound of the tires running over little pebbles on the pavement at 104 kilometres per hour, or around 65 miles per hour. He had fallen fast asleep in the car and didn't care for how long he was asleep. He recalled a Doncaster lad had brought along a friend of his on a peculiarly short notice. Which was extremely odd and strange, even for him, that he had met friends of his on other stops and didn't bother to think twice about asking them to come stay with us for a while. A sharp, quick pain danced along his neck as he shifted in his seat, trying to get comfortable. He then remembered all the times he has slept on it funny, only to be woken up with a sore neck, and a very grumpy leprechaun emerged.

Niall's P.O.V.

My vision becomes blurred for a moment or so while I try to flutter my eyes open. Ever so slowly, I sit more upright so my back is now fully supported by the back of the seat. After rubbing my eyes, I look out the window and see that it is nearly dawn.

Wow, the sky is absolutely.... gorgeous. There's only a few small clouds floating about, while the sun's rays start to kiss the night sky away. This is one of the things I loved about America. Depending on where you are and what the weather is like, the sky always had that certain type of scenery.. that je ne sais quoi about it. Especially the sunrises and sunsets: The way the clouds form towards the horizon and the glow the sun makes. It's cool how the closer the sun gets to the horizon, the more the sky looks like a rainbow. You never get that back home. It's almost always cloudy, so you barely see anything as beautiful as this.

I shrugged. Then I noticed a heavy weight on my left shoulder that I'm not used to having. Frowning, I look to see Jordan, his head resting on my shoulder. Wait.....what? Not like it's a bad thing, no. It's just odd. I feel weird having him this close to me. I barely know him.. No, scratch that. I don't know ANYTHING about him and now here he is, resting his head on my shoulder with not an inch to spare between us. It feels weird, I'm not used to him yet. Now it's different with the other lads. There have been numerous times before where it's been me and the lads and we've slept on each other's shoulders before, so it's no big deal for us. But with Jordan... I think it feels weird either because I just met him or the fact that he seems really suspicious, or maybe both.

I waited for a few minutes as I pull out my phone, checking Twitter and Instagram. I saw that there were fans tweeting about our trip in New York, then there was some tweets that discussed Louis and Jordan and their encounter. There were even pictures? I opened a fan's tweet that had a link to a picture, and it showed Louis rushing out of a mob of fans, holding Jordan's wrist to help maneuver him through the sudden crowd. Now there's something to ponder at. I frowned and pressed my lips together, setting my phone in my lap and thought.