Blue Sky

Bella's mind is still drugged and she still couldn't understand her environment- she still doesn't have enough strength to move. Slowly, the sound of the heart monitor and the wheezing of the ventilator started registering on her ear.

"Bella?" Unable to move, Bella's eyes rolled sideways to see Harry staring intently at her. "Hey.." he smiled widely. "I'll just call the doctor real quick."

Harry quickly went out of Bella's cubicle and went over to the nurses station. "She's awake." She told one nurse who nodded with a smile and he quickly went back towards Bella's cubicle just to see her staring at the ceiling again. Like a magnet, Harry went and sat on the edge of Bella's bed and held her hand softly making her look at him. "How are you feeling?"

Bella struggles as she feels like her throat is too raw to even talk- her mouth currently occupied with the ventilator to even make her smile. "Water.." she whispered- her voice rasp.

"Sorry? Come again?" he asked leaning his ear closer to her.

"Water."

Harry pulled himself up straight and looked at Bella with an apologetic look on his face, "I'm sorry, babe.. But your dad told me to not give you water too early on." He said and Bella blinked back at him before giving a nod. "Does it hurt?" he asked referring to the fresh stitch on her chest and she gave out a slight nod. "Would you like some pain medication? Are you even allowed to have one?"

Bella had to furrow her eyebrows at her boyfriend. He can't be asking me too many questions right now. She thought but she suddenly remembered that Harry is probably just worried about her- if he was in her position, she'll be asking far more questions.

Suddenly, Doctor West came inside the cubicle and smiled at both Bella and Harry. "Ah, Miss Clarke. How's my dear patient doing?" he asked walking over beside Bella and checking her wound. Harry released her hand and walked over to one side of the cubicle to give Doctor West room- he smiled apologetically at Bella who frowned at the loss of contact.

"How is she, doctor?"

"She's healing pretty well." Doctor West said slowly as he pressed on the wound lightly making Bella flinch and her heart monitor give a spike- Harry flinched at the sight of pain on her face. "Still tender?" he asked directly at Bella who nodded back in return with a grimace on her mouth. "I'll be right back."

Harry watched Doctor West come out of the cubicle and he looked towards Bella to see her looking at him. "I'll be back there soon." He said as if knowing that Bella is telling him to come near her. After a minute, Doctor West came back with two nurses who carefully removed the ventilator from her mouth while Doctor West injected a pain killer on Bella's IV- they quickly left after and Doctor West helped Bella to slowly drink water. "Slowly, Bella." He said pulling away the cup when Bella seemed to have drunk too quickly.

Carefully, Bella is laid back down on the bed properly. "Thanks." She said her voice still hoarse.

"So.. Let's start with precautions.." Doctor West started. "I would really love it if you can stay here in San Diego for three months tops, Bella. You need to be near me and the transplant center." He said looking seriously at Bella who gulped back in return. "I mean, I understand that you would need to be in England so Prince Harry won't need to worry but this is best for your condition- your parents agree as well. Avoid stress as much as possible-" he gave a meaningful glance towards Prince Harry who remained unemotional on his spot. "I would love it if you can go to a cardiac rehab.. If you do all this, you'll be great in three months and would only need to seem me for follow-up check ups."

Bella can only nod, "Can I talk to my parents first?" she asked and Doctor West gave out a nod.

"Please consider staying, Isabella." The doctor said before giving Prince Harry a small smile and leaving the room.