Fate's Game

Fate is an unpredictable thing- most don't even believe in it.

But, if there's no fate, then what do we call the occurrences in our lives? Those occurrences we haven't predicted; those that can't be classified as an accident but merely a chance of being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and with the wrong people?

A work of God?

Harry, with a huge smile on his face, watched as Isabella Clarke tied his tie around his neck; her eyes focused intensely on the tie and the movement of her hands while the bottom of her lips are stuck in between her teeth. "Your lips are very distracting, you know." He said making Bella give him a quick glance.

"Shh. I'm practicing wife duties here." She shushed him and he chuckled. "Is this ok?"

The prince tucked her hair behind her ear making her look up at him; his blue eyes contrasting her brown ones. He smiled as he felt his heart skip a beat. "Perfect." He said but he referred more about the woman before him rather than his tie. "I'll see you in tomorrow late night." He whispered.

"I know." She said back with a small smile. "I'll just miss you too much."

And the prince gave out a laugh before kissing her forehead, "I won't let you feel that anymore soon." He assured and her small smile turned into a grin. "I love you and be careful tomorrow when you go to the hospital, ok?"

"Be safe." She responded nodding before stepping back from Harry to let him go.

He frowned and pulled her by the waist. "You forgot something." He said and Bella laughed shaking her head in an attempt to tease the ginger. "Say it." He said pouting.

"I love you too." She finally said and Harry grinned before giving her a long kiss on the lips. Bella gasped for air when he decided to finally pull away making Harry laugh. "You never warn me when you do that."

"Well, what can I say?" Harry began cheekily. "I take your breath away."

She chuckled, "Literally."

But as she watched the Range Rover Harry is in drive out the gates of Clarence House, Bella couldn't help but feel the intimidation that's creeping in to her system- being a part of the royal family scares her- this whole new world scares her. She had just moved to Clarence House officially right after the palace had announced their engagement.

Due to nervousness, Bella felt like that the whole photo call and interview went by in such a blur that she fears she had done a lot of wrong things.

Prince Harry, however, assures the doctor that she had done really well. Catherine, William, and Camilla said so too. So, she has no other choice but to trust their word. And, since then, she started studying royal protocol- from the way she sits until the way she has to shake hands. It's a never ending day of sitting in front of a table with her back straight.

It's both amusing yet boring at the same time.

The very next day though, as was discussed, Isabella Clarke sat inside her office. Pile of boxes filled with her books and files lay around the room. She leaned back on her seat with a sigh as she looked around the office. Everything is changing. She thought tracing a finger on top of her oak table remembering her first day as a proper doctor- the day she had started fulfilling her dreams.

The doctor's reminiscing was disturbed by thee knocks on her door and she looked up to see her father peeking his head in with a small smile on his face. "You doing ok?" he asked fully coming in and closing the door softly behind him. "It's a circus outside." He continued as he picked up a stray book referring to the media outside waiting for Isabella Clarke.