Love and Fate

(Alternate Ending)

It felt like déjà vu.

Prince Harry sat beside Isabella Clarke's bed, his eyes focused on her entirety. The beeping of her EKG and the often hushed whispers outside the room are the only sounds heard inside the room. Before, he would say that the sound of her heartbeat is his peace- his sanity. However, for the past week, the sound of her heartbeat is a constant reminder of fear for the prince.

The mere thought of losing her made him inconsolable.

A knock on the door pulled him out of his thoughts and he looked to see William coming in with a soft smile on his lips. "Hey." He said sitting on the spot beside Harry. "How is she doing?" he asked looking at Bella.

"Nothing changed." The ginger responded weakly, his eyes now studying her face intently. "Not a single movement."

Prince William nodded remaining quiet for a few minutes before saying, "Granny wants to tell you that she is deeply saddened by what happened." He said and Harry nodded not really knowing whether to believe William or not. "She sends her best wishes for Isabella's recovery."

Both remained quiet after.

It had been a week since Isabella Clarke had been put into a coma. A week. Truthfully, Harry is livid behind all the sadness. He had had multiple urges to go to the police station and beat the man who shot Bella down. Yet, he knew that he couldn't. His status would not allow it. His status that had been the root of this all binds him once again. For the past few days, he had been rethinking of everything. He knew that he had to make a change in his life.

"Wills?"

"Yes?" Prince William asked as he sent a glance towards Harry. "What is it?"

"Do you think she'll ever wake up?"

And William can only sigh before asking, "Why are you asking me that?"

The ginger gave out a huge breath before looking at his brother, "I want to do something.. I want to change something."

And William stared back at his brother, trying to read what is going on inside his mind. But he came to a blank. Harry had been too unpredictable ever since Isabella Clarke's incident. "What is it?" he then pressed on urging the ginger to speak.

"I want to renounce my title."

Weeks turned into months and as much as Harry tried to stay strong, he had times when he would lose hope and breakdown. Gerard Clarke watched the prince with utmost caution especially at days when he looked like he was about to give up.

And so, one evening, Gerard Clarke came to the hospital with a small blue shoebox with Bella's handwriting on top in his hands. He entered the room and saw the prince laying on the couch beside Bella asleep. "Harry." He said gently and Harry quickly sat up. "Don't you want to rest at home?"

Harry quickly shook his head not wanting to leave Isabella's side and Gerard smiled painfully. A tragic love story. The doctor sat down beside Harry and stared at his daughter for a few seconds before saying, "She wouldn't like it that you're wasting your time holed up here, you know." He said glancing at Harry who looked more tired than ever.

"I want to be here when she wakes up." The prince said, his eyes never straying from her.

But Gerard sighed. As much as he would want for her daughter to live, surviving a three month long comatose seemed to be bleak. Although he knew that Isabella Clarke is still fighting- maybe not for Gerard and Georgia but for Harry. She loves him terribly. Gerard thought now staring at the ring on Bella's finger that Harry seemed to have put back. Then his eyes teared up- he knew how much the prince loved his daughter as well.