Lanterns and Diamonds

"I know, Harry. I understand. Dear God-" Genevieve Williamson breathed out exasperated on her phone while on a call with Prince Harry. "-if you tell me one more time, I am not doing it."

"Just making sure."

"Bye."

And Ginny hung up making Prince Harry shake his head whilst he looked at his phone. He licked his bottom lip before placing his phone back in his coat and looking back at Prince William at Princess Catherine. "Well, Ginny is surely coming and doing it." He said.

"Well, that's good news." Catherine said smiling happily, her hands clapping in front of her. "Now the only question is if she'll keep quiet about this."

"I trust her." Harry answered looking at Catherine. "I just hope her parents won't blurt anything out to her."

They were stopped by a knock on the door and the three royals looked towards it to see Fred, one of William's butlers, come in. "Mr. Goetz is here." He said referring to the goldsmith William had contacted before going out of the room and letting the man in.

"Your Royal Highnesses." The man, possibly in his 60's, said politely as he bowed his head.

"Mr. Goetz, we thank you very much for coming." William greeted with a huge smile as he came forward and shook hands with the goldsmith; Harry and Catherine followed the gesture like how most royal would. "I assume you have what I asked for?"

Mr. Goetz, a bit star-struck by the three, nodded. "I can make a perfect ring. Anything you ask within the week."

All kinds of gems, pearls, and diamonds lay on top of the table for the royals to inspect. "I want something rare yet beautiful." Harry spoke as he picked one fancy red diamond. "This. This is perfect." He breathed staring at the diamond.

"Ah. An Argyle diamond, 5 carrats." Mr Goetz spoke walking towards the prince. "An expensive taste."

They stayed for a while more, deciding the best design for an engagement ring. Catherine sighed, "No, I think Isabella is a simple woman.. She'd want something.. classic." She said looking at the sketch Mr. Goetz had just finished. Harry peeked on the drawing before taking a glance at Catherine who had a very determined look on her face. "The diamond is perfect as it is, we don't need to alter its shape."

And Mr. Goetz started sketching another ring.

"She's taking this seriously, is she?" Harry whispered towards William.

William leaned towards Harry before whispering, "She had been waiting too long a time for a sister in law."

"I think the band should be covered with diamonds as well.. Yes, that." Catherine said from the background. "Harry, look!" she called the ginger who made his way towards them with a smile on his face.

His smile quickly turned to a grin and he said, "This is perfect."

Isabella Clarke had just gotten home from yet another toxic shift on the hospital. Feeling exhausted, she dropped on her couch ready to doze off. As her eyes started to flutter close, she is suddenly pulled out of her state by the loud ringing of her phone. "Bullocks!" she shrieked falling off the couch with a groan.

However, checking her phone, she saw Ginny's name flash in it- she looked at her phone for a few seconds confused before finally answering with a very curious, "Hello?"

"You sound like you have a lot of energy, little bitch." Ginny laughed from the other line.

Bella stifled a yawn before apologizing and saying, "It was a rough day at work."