Destruction and Comfort

It's always amazing how time flies. How seconds can turn into minutes, minutes can turn into hours, hours into days, days into weeks- we can go on and on and on. But one thing is for sure, pain lingers longer than happiness.

Isabella Clarke stared at her diploma hanging in her office; her pen tapping on her table. It had been weeks since she last talked to Harry and she misses him. Although she's thankful that Harry is giving her space, she's still torn. She's hurt, she's angry, and she feels betrayed. She wanted to forgive Harry, she really do but her whole being rejects the thought of being near him.

The doctor sighed and placed her pen on top of her table.

"Doctor Clarke?"

"Yes, Kath?" Bella asked closing her files and quickly placing it to the side before grabbing a new one not bothering to look up. "Do we have an emergency?"

"Uhh. No." Kath answered and Bella finally looked up at her. "Abigail Simons is here." The assistant said and Bella nodded.

Not even a minute passed and Abigail barged into Bella's office looking like a woman on a mission. "Have you read the papers?" she asked and Bella shook her head making Abi roll her eyes before placing The Sun on top of Bella's table.

Bella only glanced at the front page picture and asked, "Yeah. And?"

"Harry and Meghan? Meghan being here in London?" Abi asked incredulously and Bella shrugged. "Seriously, Clarke. What's up?"

"Nothing." Bella lied still not telling anyone else that she and Harry had broken up. "It was bound to happen. They're both humanitarians." She mumbled feeling ill at the mere thought of Harry and Meghan together.

"And you're not one for bullshits." Abi retorted making Bella glare up at her. "Isabella, my dear Isabella. Did you two break up?"

Bella sighed, "If you call it that."

Abi stared at her friend for a few seconds before sighing as well, "Are you ok?" she asked and Bella shrugged. "Seriously, Isabella."

"I am serious."

"We both know shrugging is not an answer."

"Yes, it is."

"No."

"Yes."

"Fuck off." Abi snapped irritated making Bella smile. "I am glad you see the amusement in this. You're such a difficult human being." She continued receiving no answer from Bella. "You're lucky I'm older than you."

"How is that even luck?" Bella asked inquiringly yet reluctantly as she can already sense the incoming unwarranted suggestion Abi has. "I can't do anything reckless right now, Abi. Harry and I are trying to keep the whole break a secret."

Abi rolled her eyes. Typical, Isabella. She thought before smiling at the doctor before her. "It's a private party. Hosted by Ginny."

"Genevieve Williamson?"

"Do you know any other Ginny?" Abi asked arching an eyebrow and Bella shook her head. "She has this party tonight and you're going."

Scoffing, Bella thought of how her mother never really liked Genevieve Williamson. "Mom doesn't like Ginny." She said and Abi nodded, knowing it fully.

Ginny brings out the worst in Isabella Clarke; she's loud, she's reckless, she's careless, and she doesn't have a care in the world. For Ginny, the world is her oyster and Isabella Clarke is one of her projects. Ginny thinks that Isabella Clarke is one of those goody goody friends Abigail Simons, her cousin, has and she believes that she's doing everyone a favor by getting Isabella off her hinges- in ways Georgia Clarke is not fond of.