Chapter 8

ALEX POV

It's been about a week since my whole dying and reviving situation. Stiles has been staying at my house the whole time. He couldn't face the pack. He was still going to the club and getting his money's worth but everyone was so much sadder. We felt pain when Stiles felt pain. But today was even worse. It was the anniversary of Stiles' dad's death and I knew it would hurt him. He has been sleeping the whole day. Basically only getting up to pee or hug me. It's now 8:00 and his shift started in thirty. He's only singing one memorial song and then leaving. "Stiles, it's time to get up," I called softly as I attempted to wake him up. He gently rolled over and latched on to my body. That was my cue that he was going to be acting like a baby. So, I had to get him dressed and ready.

We were now in the car and we haven't said anything. "Turn here." I heard Stiles croak out before gulping and looking down at the floor. After a few my directions I pulled up in front of the Hale pack house. I didn't know what Stiles was doing but he got out of the car and signaled me to stay. I tapped into a rune (A/n ;) ) Stiles had given me a long time ago. With this I could hear what was going on. "Come. Just for today. Not for me but for my dad." I haven't heard my boyfriend speak with such conviction since before we were together. It kind of shocked me. But what was a bigger surprise was that they actually agreed.

This is gospel for the fallen ones
Locked away in permanent slumber
Assembling their philosophies
From pieces of broken memories

Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart [2x]
Their gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds
But they haven't seen the best of us yet

If you love me let me go
'Cause these words are knives and often leave scars
The fear of falling apart
And truth be told, I never was yours
The fear, the fear of falling apart

Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart [2x]

This is gospel for the vagabonds,
Ne'er-do-wells and insufferable bastards
Confessing their apostasies
Led away by imperfect impostors

Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart [2x]

Don't try to sleep through the end of the world
And bury me alive
'Cause I won't give up without a fight

If you love me let me go
'Cause these words are knives and often leave scars
The fear of falling apart
And truth be told, I never was yours
The fear, the fear of falling apart

Oh, the fear of falling apart
Oh, the fear, the fear of falling apart

[4x]
(Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart)
The fear of falling apart

I was watching Stiles in his element I could also see tears falling out everyone's eyes. We all knew why this song was important and how it touched all of us. I'm not going to deny the tears that came out of the eyes. Stiles hasn't played the piano since we were kids but he was still amazing. It was like every note was embedded in his fingers. Every word that flowed from his mouth meant something. I could see the pack basically in tears. Even big bad Alpha Hale. I knew what was happening but I needed to focus on my boyfriend. When Stiles finished paying everyone gave curt nots and hugged him. The pack just simply walked out. It didn't seem to bother Stiles, he just ran up to me with his stuff and wrapped his arms around my torso.

When we finally got home Klaus was sitting in the couch. Luckily, he didn't ask any questions. I plopped down next to him waiting for Stiles to sit down as well. But he didn't. He went to the basement door broke off the lock and walked down. He hasn't been down in the basement since.....It doesn't matter. What matters is that he went down. Klaus and I looked at each other, silently acknowledging Stiles' actions. Then we just sat in solemn silence.