vii

I slowly open my eyes. I tried to open it but the unfamiliar brightness stopped me from doing it. I pressed my eyes into a thin line, and tried hard to open it.

The first face I saw right in front of me is mother. I saw tears in her eyes. I held up my hand and wiped it off for her. "Eomma." I called out in a low voice.

Her tears fell once again. She hugged me tightly and cried out. Father didn't say anything. He just patted mother's back slightly, while staring at me. I know that he is happy that I am able to see again.

"Where is doctor Byun?" I asked, after I released mother from the embrace. I looked around to all the unfamiliar faces, trying to process which of them are Baekhyun.

"I'm here, Jaeyoon." I heard a voice said from my side. I turned and saw a fine man, in white coat, with stethoscope around his neck. He looks really good, just like what I've expected.

He was wearing a wide smile on his face. I smiled back as well, as I stared back at him. I never felt like this. It's like, I fell into a complete darkness and there is something, standing out alone in the darkness, catching my attention.

Mother patted my shoulders softly and left with father and the doctors. It took me a while to realize that I was staring at Baekhyun for such a long time.

He just smiled, and walked over. He sat down on my bed like the usual. I didn't know what to say. I've been so comfortable with him before, but I am a little bit nervous now, that I am able to see him.

"Jaeyoon-ssi." He called out in a soft voice. I examined this guy in front of me. His face is small and bangs were covering his forehead, just like the last time when I requested to touch his face. His hair is really black, he didn't lie to me.

I like him, more than how I've expected. I grinned a bit, and said, "Hello, Baekhyun."

He reached out his hands and caressed my hair softly. His fingers twirled around the end of my hair, as he smiles. "You look really pretty. I mean, without the cloth covering your eyes, you look even prettier. You had always been pretty."

I felt my cheeks reddened. "Thank you." I looked down a little bit and said. His hands left my hair and went down to my hands, holding it. "I've been wanting to ask you something. Can I?"

"Sure." I replied.

"Look at me first, Jaeyoon-ssi." He spoke in a soft voice. I looked up at him. His eyes were sincere, staring into mine.

"Can you be my girlfriend?"