Chapter 10: Lose Control.

Charles

The early birds' chirps woke me up slowly. I took a deep breath feeling well rested from my sleep. I looked to my right to see Roy in his bed, sound asleep. I heard no movements outside indicating that everyone was still asleep. The sun was on the horizon ready to fully show to greet the lands. I sat up on my bed and looked at my shoes debating whether this is a wise decision. Without thinking, I slipped my feet into my boots, placed my fanny pack around my hips, smoothed my hair back giving room to place my fedora on, and made my way to the forest.

I reached the familiar garden that I enjoyed coming to for certain reasons and took a deep breath admiring how beautiful the sun rise looked in this garden. I looked all around me and even though there were a lot of greens, the sun was now completely up in the sky and a breath taking waterfall, it still felt there was something missing or someone missing. It's been a exactly a week since I came to this garden and I am surprised at the fact that I didn't get lost making my way here from the settlement area. This garden sure has its perks. Even though it might be unlikely, I still hope to meet her in this garden and just like the garden, I haven't seen her in a week either.

As my eyes roam around the garden, the sound of the waterfall seemed to pull my eyes in its direction. I took my boots off, followed by my fanny pack and my fedora as I gazed at the waterfall, scanning its intriguing beauty. I moved my feet slowly against it, splashing lightly at the shores of the clear but blue water that I was going into. I lift my head, letting my senses grab a hold of what nature was offering to me in the moment. As soon as the water reached my hips, I naturally held my breath as I dove into the waters letting myself get wrapped by it like a cocoon. My body felt weightless as the water glided over me, the deeper I got to the grounds. It seemed as if the water was clearer at the bottom than it was at the top. I felt like a merman, a fish, as I let the waters surround me, becoming one with it. My natural sense of fresh air kicked in my body making me move quickly upwards to regain air. I smoothen my hair backwards and let myself float around as I listened to the waterfalls that became heavy because of the fact that I was nearer to it than I was when I watched it from the lands. I hear a dive further behind me.

As I turned to look, there was no one. I squinted my eyes trying to relocate my belongings. I couldn't see anything else besides the evidence that only I was here, I shook my head and closed my eyes to resume to my peaceful encounter with the waterfalls. I felt the water glide over me and I knew that I wasn't alone. I was completely still but there still managed to be water gliding over me some more. My eyes landed on a familiar face as I decided to finally open my eyelids to reveal the commotion of the waters that seemed to take my curiosity. I felt a joy burning in my chest.

"You are here?" I ask the beauteous goddess before me.

"No, I am your imagination." Naomi teases as she swims around me cautiously, speaking to me in a tender tone despite the forceful waters, trying to convince me that she really is my imagination.

"You could easily fool me by the way you are swimming." She forced her hand forward making water slightly splash onto my face, letting a playful giggle escape from her lips followed with a playful smile. Her gentle sound of silliness captivated me together with her smile. I couldn't take my eyes off her and this playful side that she is revealing to me. She looks carefree and joyous just like I feel at the moment.

"Do you want another wave towards you, but this time bigger than the last?!" She asks still keeping her playful tone intact.

I began chasing her and when she notices, she immediately disappears into the waters, I follow. It was as if she was dancing in rhythm with the waters, she came to me in a flash and took my hand then lead me to where the waterfalls were hitting, the area where the waters were the most aggressive. Despite the beautiful scenery of the under water, I found my attention fully concentrated on her. The way she glided in complete simplicity with elegance and the way the water was responding to her with smooth movements making her shift surprisingly faster. She was a melanin mermaid that is for sure.