Along Came A Spider

"Do you have any idea how much trouble you're in!?"

The bald dark skinned man in in the trench coat wearing an eye patch paced back in forth in front of us. Had not been for the very strange looking office that surrounded us, I might actually had been intimidated. I mean seriously, what the heck was Mephisto getting at putting up so many candle holders everywhere? And that goofy shaped chair? I was starting to believe he came from a circus instead of Gehenna (world of the demons).

The guy in question chuckled as he usually did. "My my, it's been a while since I've seen such reckless behaviour right under my nose! Naughty, naughty, dear students, quite naughty indeed."

"You're in just as much trouble as these three!" said the eypatch guy. "Despite all your powers Faust, you let Dillian slip right out from under you, not to mention two more of your students, one of which happens to be the son of your damned father!" (Johann Faust is a name that Mephisto uses to cover up his demon identity.)

"What can I say good Fury?" said Mephisto shrugging playfully. "The Rider is a pretty hard thing to keep detained. And the son of Satan...well, harder still."

Fury groaned and slapped a hand to his forhead. "You've always loved playing your sick little games."

Nick Fury turned to look at me, Izumo, and Rin. "Now I hope you three know the seriousness of what you have done. You took on a high class world criminal...and worse, that criminal wasn't even in the category that exorcists take on... not only would your methods of fightning be less effective then it would on demons, but you could have been killed!

Nick looked at me only this time. "And as for you Dillian. I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times...I don't care what you do with your life, but keep that power of yours under control! World Affairs are already marking you right under Bruce Banner in most out of control dangers."

"Shut up.." I said. "I've told you a once, and I've told you a thousand times too. I don't need any of your stupid S.H.I.E.L.D. babysitting!! Just leave me alone already! Don't think I don't know what you and your Strategic Homeland whatsits are trying to do!! I'm not your weapon! Tell the Avengers they can go find Johny Storm if they want their own flamer!"

"Why...you little..." Fury looked at Mephisto as if asking for help.

"Sorry Jolly Saint Nick!" said Mephisto as he began to dig in to a cup of instant ramen. "My method of babysitting is a little different from yours, you're on your own with this one."

"I don't think it's fair." said Izumo.

"Huh?" Nick looked at Izumo. "What are you saying?"

"I don't think it's fair that you're trying to control Dillian like that!" said Izumo. "Your organization already has a ton of superpowered people in their circle. Just having one out of your control won't kill you! Give him some space!"

I stared at Izumo. Ever since my third Rider episode, she had been acting unusually kind towards me. I reached in my pocket and felt the charm that was there. So it really had been her...

"Well I say.." Rin began.

"I don't care what kind of opinions you have on control Ms. Kamiki!" said Fury ignoring Rin. "Whether we have control or not doesn't change the fact that your friend here is a loose cannon with the powers of an immortal demon!"

"Hey! Isn't anybody interested in what I have to say!?" said Rin angrilly.

"You're a loose cannon too!" said Fury. "Of course I'm not interested!"

"WHY YOU LITTLE!!! LET ME AT EM!!" Me and Izumo held Rin back as he tried to run over to punch Fury's lights out.

"Now...on to more pressing bussiness." said Fury. "After this little incident, and considering Carnage is still lurking out there like a piece of bait hanging in front of your flaming thick skull, I'm assigning a supervisor to you for the rest of your high school career."