KaiSoo - Subtle

3rd Person POV

Kai walked through the doors of the cafe in search of a familiar face. He wanders a bit, noticing the absence of the person of which he had been waiting on and sat himself at a small table.

Minutes pass as the short man finally walks through the door, a jingle chiming from the door. He sits himself in front of Kai, a big grin spread on his face. Yet Kai seems to think different.

"Kyungsoo! What the hell? You're like almost an hour late!" Says Kai, slapping Kyungsoo's arm hard.

"I'm sorry, I wa-" Said Kyungsoo until he was abruptly silenced.

"First of all, you know I hate it when people say 'I'm sorry' and second of all, you give me excuses every week, I don't feel like hearing another one." Said Kai, a slight presence of anger in his voice.

"How about I buy you some coffee? Will you forgive me then?" Questioned Kyungsoo as he watched Kai's reaction.

"Hmm. Maybe throw in a two cupcakes and we have a deal." Kai said lighting up his eyes.

"Is that all I have to do to be forgiven? Okay..." Kyungsoo laughed.

"Wait..... How about you add a cookie and another cupcake to that deal. Oh! And...... You have to come to the club with me tonight! Now we have a deal!"

"Okay then."

A few minutes pass and Kyungsoo is back at the table with four cupcakes two cookies and two coffees. He sets three cupcakes and a cookie on Kai's side of the table along with the coffee. He watches as Kai's face is soon covered in icing and how he is wincing from the heat of the coffee. A slight chuckle is released from his mouth as his hand reached forward, napkin in hand, wiping the icing from his face.

Kai's face rose to Kyungsoo's, eyes locking as they looked on at each other. They stayed like this until the loud clatter of a machine startled them, turning their attention away from one another. Kai looked down once more, a cute smile growing on his face. Kyungsoo did the same, neither noticing the other.

Soon they were out of the coffee shop and out on the streets. Loud voices echoed around them, passing faces but a blur. All they could think about was each other. How they both desired to be together, but they both knew the consequences of how those around them would react. For where they lived, it was looked down upon to be homo. Yet they still wanted each other, it's just that no one had the guts to say anything.

They walked to a nearby store where they looked through the racks. Kai stumbled upon a shirt with a little penguin on it. He held it up to Kyungsoo's chest, snickering at the sight.

"You should get it! It will look so cute on you!" Said the over excited man as the latter blushed hard.

Kyungsoo took the shirt away, examining it and keeping it draped over his arm. He didn't say another word but continued to smile. Once they were done, they walked from the store with a few bags and made their way through the streets.

Soon came nightfall, a deep blue smeared across the sky. Fewer people crowed the streets as the two guys walked on. Kai looked down to Kyungsoo's face, enjoying the view. The lights from shops bounced about his features and formed a gleam in his eyes. He was entranced by how he was looking about the buildings. Kai's main focus became Kyungsoo, and he wanted to make it known. Slowly, he moved his hand towards Kyungsoo's, just slightly brushing them together. Kyungsoo's big eyes shot towards Kai's sincere and smiling face. When Kyungsoo didn't hold his had immediately he turned his face in the opposite direction.

As he stared on away from Kyungsoo small snow fell from the sky along with a single tear from Kai's eye. Yet somehow he was only slightly hurt from the lack of Kyungsoo's actions. He understood why he wouldn't go through with it. If he would have held his hand it could change their relationship and how others would treat them. Kai had become fine with the fact that people would treat them differently but he thought that Kyungsoo hadn't.

Not but a few minutes later, Kyungsoo's hand brushed Kai's as he was startled this time. He thought it was an accident so he continued to look away from Kyungsoo. But not seconds later, their hands were intertwined. A million feelings flowed around Kai's body as he looked on at Kyungsoo. He had been waiting for this, for who knows how long. He didn't know how to properly react.

And with the fall of the snow surrounding the two, the taller stepped in front of the other and pulled him into a long passionate kiss. Feelings flew through the air as both whispered to each other "I love you".

_________________________
Yeah, finally got to post again. Hope you enjoyed and I'll try to post again soon. I have tons of school work so I have to work around it. Let me know if y'all want more and recommend if you want to. Anyways, hope you liked it and have a great day !

Word Count: 832 words