Part Twelve

"Where are you going Raegan?" My Aunt Layla's voice resounds through the kitchen. I grab a chocolate milk out of the fridge and walk past her.

     "Out." I call over my shoulder. She just shrugs and goes back to cutting up veggies. I grab a pair of sunglasses and shove them over my eyes. Slipping my navy blue Toms on, I walk out my front door with the keys to me Porsche in my hands. Skipping out to the car, it felt nice to get outside. It had been three hours since I had that fight with Baily. She has been crying in her room ever since. But i'm not apologizing. No sir. Not going to do it.

     I decided on heading to Shay's house. I hadn't seen her in a few days. Since I didn't have my phone I decided just to show up. She wouldn't mind especially because her parents were in the Bahamas for two weeks.

     I pull up to her house to see her baby blue, brand new, 2015 Mustang sitting in the driveway. I get out of my car and walk up the front steps to her door. I ring the bell and she answers it.

     "Hey Rae! Haven't seen you in a while... What's wrong babe?" She says, noticing my bedraggled look and my messy hair. I step into the cool air conditioned mansion. I just sit down on the marble flooring and she sits down across from me. She mirrors my actions and crosses her legs Indian-style.

     "Tell me." She says. I take off my sun glasses and look at her..

     "Well, Luke and I kind of broke up." I breathe it out and run a hand through my hair. Shay gasps.

     "My uncle lost his temper and ordered us never to see each other again and... I don't know what came over me Shay, I couldn't let him go. I chased after him! And when my uncle brought me back inside I hid in my bedroom and cried. They shut my phone off until the end of the summer too. And last night I snuck out to see Luke. Oh Shay. He said I was a distraction. I ran out. I can't even deal with this." I said, pulling up my shirt to expose my cuts for her to see.

     "Rae I'm so sorry. I can't believe it. It's so sad." She pushes back her long blonde hair which had fallen down in her face. Just then her phone began to ring.

     "Hello?" She says, putting it on speaker like she always does.

     "Hey Shay baby." Calum's voice comes through the speakers.

     "Hey hon." She says, eyeing me. I knew they had begun dating each other.

     "Your still coming to the show today right?" He asks. I remembered the show in the park. I let out a sigh.

     "Oh I don't know..." She trails off looking over at me. I knew she wouldn't if it meant leaving me alone. I couldn't let my friends good intentions ruin her day.

     "She will be there Cal." I shout.

     "Okay great thank Raegan! Bye!" Calum hangs up and Shay looks over at me.

     "Why'd you do that?" She furrows her brows.

     "Cause I knew you wanted to go so you can!" I smile a bit.

     "Well I don't want to leave you anywhere alone after what you told me." I knew her intentions were for the best but I could take care of myself. I knew she wouldn't take no for an answer though.

     "Then I'll come." I say, standing and putting my sunglasses back on. I walk into her kitchen and grab a black and white cookie out of the pantry.

     "But what about what Luke said." She questions as I sit on the counter. She leans against the island and watches me scarf down the cookie.