six

cloud pov

I watch mystic put the gun to her head and I lunge forward knocking past her head as it goes off the inches in front of her face.

mystic pov

as I pull the trigger my wrist is thrust forward causing the shot to go off just in front of my face. I turn and see cloud staring at me and I yank my wrist away causing the gun to tumble down the mountain.

"what the hell are you doing here" I snarl and he looks shocked but that quickly shifts to anger.

"it looks like I was saving your life" he growls so I scoff and glare at him.

"like you actually care what happens to me" I say humorlessly chuckling and he grabs me and yanks me to my feet.

"is that really what you think" he snaps so I growl lowly.

"yes thats cause its true you dont care about me" I say my voice cracking so his face softens. he grabs me and pulls me against his chest making me gasp.

"mystic I do care about you im sorry about how I treated you I never thought it'd drive you to suicide. im so sorry I just thought you deserved better but I want you and I hate that you refuse to find someone else but I honestly dont want you to I know ive messed up but I want to be a part if your life im so sorry babygirl" he says kissing my head and rubbing my back and suddenly I feel alive again. he cares he really cares.

"I-I dont know what to say" I whisper so he pulls back and looks me in the eye.

"promise me you wont do that again I cant lose you your my everything it just took me too long to see that" he says a tear running down his face.

"I-I promise"I say so he smiles slightly making my heart beat race. my mate wants me I cant believe it he actually wants me.

"im sorry about your father daniel mindlinked me and told me you'd be here" he says and my heart starts to ache again as a sob rocks my body and he pulls me into his chest.

"I know its hard baby but our pack needs us now more then ever we have to get back they want to see you and the gaurds let matilda out she is with your fathers body" he says and suddenly my sorrow turns to white hot fury coursing through my veins. I growl lowly and step back shifting into my large black wolf but now I have purple and silver flecks running through my fur. I dart down the mountain and cloud follows sensing midnight trying to get free.

"bring matilda outside" I shout through the link as I reach the bottom of the mountain. when I reach the house two guards hold her while the pack stands by curiously watching. I shift back and try to battle midnight as I walk up to matilda.

"get me the snitches serum" I snarl and the pack doctor micheal rushes of returning a few minutes later with a syringe full of orange liquid.

"for those unfamiliar with this serum is more commonly known as vesper leria the truth serum" I say to the pack as the pack doctor injects it into Matildas neck. several people gasps because its used to get intel from enemies and true to its name when injected with it you can't tell a lie. unlike an alpha command it is physically impossible to get past. an alpha command could be fought since she was a luna though it'd be painfully.

"now matilda tell me did you know about brittanys attack" I ask and she looks at me.

"yes" she says making several people growl.

"did you know she would poison my dad" I ask glaring at her and she gulps.

"y-yes" she says fearfully making midnight try harder to get control.