chapter seven

Its been three days since Michael joined my pack and he is settled in. I sit in my office studying the map and battle plan looking for any weaknesses in it. I hear a knock on my door and look up sniffing.

"Come in august" I say so he walks in and my heart slows as I see how he looks. His once bright eyes hold barely concealed hate and his body is tense.

"Yes?" I ask and he glares at the floor.

"The hunter is a risk we should kill him " he says coldly so I sigh.

"No we've been through this he stays" I say and his jaw tenses.

"Your father wouldn't have let him stay" he says and I stiffen as I glare at him.

"You know nothing this is my decision and it's final" I grit out doubt slowly filling me would father approve ? I ask myself. August looks at me and sees the doubt in my eyes and he smirks.

"See you doubt yourself he is a risk will get rid of him myself a human does not belong in a pack" he says but my body shakes with anger.

"August get out" I snarl dismissing his words but he doesn't move.

"No no until you see reason he is a danger and you refuse to admit it" he says and I growl.

"Leave" I snarl but he doesn't move so I lunge over my desk and tackle him to the ground.

"You've changed" he snarls so I punch him.

"Learn your place" I snarl back then I pause and moms words ring in my ears.

You must keep balance between your angel and demon or you will lose control forever I stand up and leave my office.

Once outside I shift and head for the only place I find peace. When I reach the top of the mountain I shift and sit on the edge.

Balance is important and I can't let it tip to one side. I breathe in deeply and let the air flow from me imagining it as if my worries go with it.

I am mystic evermore proud alpha and loyal mate. I will not fail because I'm stronger then this.

I look at the sun and a new determination fills me as I stand. I turn to leave but stop short when I see black blur streaking towards the pack house. I feel midnight become anxious and suddenly I know that blur was a demon. I snarl and teleport to the pack house. I inhale and catch the scent of death confirming my suspicion. I follow it when I hear a crash and a roar that makes star take over. I dart to my room but its too late the room is destroyed and in its midst a demon with black hair and piercing green eyes hold my mate who is unconscious. Before I can do anything they are engulfed by black flames then they are gone. I walk to where they were standing.

"NO" I shout falling onto my knees making several people come running.

"What happened" Daniel asks terrified pack member peer around him.

"A demon....he took c-cloud" I sob making him fall to his knees and pull me against his chest.

"We'll get him back" he says and my heart clenches.

"How he is probably in the underworld and we don't know how to get there" I say broken and he pulls me against him harder.

"I don't know " he says and I sob as if his words made it all more real.

😈🐺😇😈🐺😇😈🐺😇

Its been two months and I feel clouds pain daily as if he is being tortured. Daniel has been running thing because I can't function. I just lay in bed I barely eat or sleep but today feels different like something is coming.