chapter thirteen

I don't remember falling asleep but I woke to the sound of the door opening. I kept my eyes closed because its probably just a nurse.

"Is she asleep" One voice asked but it had a darker tone to in so I breathed in slowly smelling the two demons in the room and one other scent one I've been praying I'd come across. I jump to my paws growling as I take in the sight of Brittney with two demons standing by clouds bed. Brittney pulls out a familiar silver dagger and places it at clouds neck. I freeze cloud is silent so either they gave him a sedative or he is back to normal but one glance at his erratic breathes tells me he was sedated probably due to the noise he was making.

I shift into my demon form my wings and tail appearing along with the spirals as I once again stand on two feet.

"Get away from him" I snap but brittney just smirks.

"Stay where you are or I'll kill him and drake wants him alive so don't make me upset him" She says and that's when it hits me.

" You won't kill him" I say stepping forward and her hand doesn't move.

"And why is that" She asks her confident tone faltering as I step forward again.

"Because you know if he dies you won't make it to the door before I massacre all three of you" I say so she growls angrily before raising the dagger and plunging toward cloud but it stops short of its mark. I didn't have time to react to cloud holding her arm before he spoke.

"You why do I know you" He says as she tries to break free from his grip the two demons disappeared in a flash of purple flames leaving her behind.

"You hurt my mate by killing y'alls father. You made her sad" He says anger seeping into his voice. He launched up breaking all the straps and began punching her. I quickly pulled him off as she fell unconscious.

"You you're my mate" Cloud says looking at me. I smile the silver is finally wearing off. I nod and he hugs me. I summon to guards and they take Brittney to a cell in the dungeons. I lay cloud back down and he looks around.

"What happened" He asks so I tell him everything from the first moment we met up to this moment and as I continued I could see him recalling everything. Suddenly his face changed and he kissed me.

"I remember everything I'm sorry it took so long" He says and tears of joy spill down my face. We talked for a few minutes before he fell back asleep and I left the room to give him time to rest.

"Cloud has returned to normal" I say through mind link and I can feel a calm settle through the pack.

👉👉👉

It's been a few days since cloud returned to normal and everything has been going smoothly mostly thanks to Courtney. I made her my advisor and today is the first time she will be attending an alphas meeting. We have them once a year so we can form new alliances and meet the newly ascended alphas. Only alphas, their heirs and their advisors will be there. Their mates will remain home with the pack. I'm heading to the car with my bag to see Courtney putting hers in the car with cloud trying to help. It's night time so everyone else is asleep.

"Damn why is it so heavy" cloud grits out as he attempts to shove her bag in the back with the rest of our bags for the week trip.

"It's has the documents for the trip" Courtney says as he finally makes the bag fit.

"All this for a week trip by the moon goddess you too will spend it unpacking all these bags" cloud says jokingly as I make it up to the car. I kiss him on the cheek before throwing my bag in the backseat.

"It'll be fine love now take care while we are gone if you need anything August and raf can help but call me if you want to" I say as I hug cloud.

"I know but what if the demons show up" cloud asks so I smile and give him a kiss.