chapter fourteen

Will arrived at my room in a beige tux over a blue vest to match my deep blue waterfall dress.

"You look beautiful as always" will says as I step out of my room Courtney following me just behind wearing a green slender dress.

"Thank you" I say taking his arm Gabriel rounds a corner stiffly in a black tux and grabs courtneys arm lacing it through his own.

"Gabriel a gentlemen offers the lady his arm he does not place it there for her now anyone care to tell me why my beta is keeping secrets with you" William says with a slight aggression to his tone. Gabriel flinches making me glance between him and william. I release wills arm and step back Courtney sensing my unease does the same.

"I'm a nice guy but much like the average alpha my temper isnt easily controlled and I'm not patient so mystic care to explain" will says looking at Gabriel. I know what happens next if I tell him the truth he'll kill Gabriel because to harm another alpha is suicide.

"Well since you want to ruin the surprise we were planning to leave the ball a little early and get drunk in mystics room we were going to have Gabriel convince u to follow him there" the lies fell from Courtneys mouth quickly. Will looks between the three of us and laughs.

"Well forgive me for ruining the surprise I hope you can let my suspicion slide " will says with a smile before holding out his arm. I force a smile and take it as we head to the ballroom our advisors following.

After being announced we mingle with the other alphas but when me and Courtney make it to chance they both freeze.

"Mate" they say simultaneously making me smile. Just what I need an alliance with chance that he won't dare break.

" mystic would you mind if I borrow my mate " chance asks me with a kind tone so I nod and head over to king Francis.

" hello dear I've been hoping to speak with you" Francis says as I stand beside him.

"Really what about?" I ask so he laughs slightly.

"My dear its been brought to my attention that you family tree book is missing I guess its a good thing I've already look inside it" he says so I turn to him quickly.

"You know" I say so he nods.

"My dear your my mates bastard so of course I checked to see if you had rights to my title" he says glancing at me.

"I swear I have no intentions of displacing aiden" I say so he chuckles and sips his drink.

"Oh my dear my arrogant nephew isn't a problem he already knows why do you think he rejected his mate and pursued you he hoped to marry you and keep the title. I'd prefer a future lead by a noble and just queen than an egotistical short tempered king" he says and I can't help the smile that forms on my lips.

"Your majesty I don't think I could do it though" I say honestly making him smile and put his hand on my shoulder.

" let me tell you a secret. Neither did I but lucky for you. You have a mate already who will supports you through it" he says so I nod thinking of cloud.

"I guess its time to make the announcement" he says to me then he calls for everyone's attention. I stand tall beside him keeping my nervousness hidden on the inside.

"Mystic evermore is the heir to my throne so please help me in celebrating this wonderful moment" he says a few gasps are heard but no one will question the kings so applause is heard as Francis hugs me.

A sudden scream fills the air as the large doors that lead to the balcony outside are thrown open and a pale slender figure with blood coating his mouth stumbles in.

"Vampire" a guard shouts and charges the young man. I leap in front of the young vampire causing evryone to stop.

"Mystic" the vampire says so I turn and he collapses in my arms.

"Who is this mystic" the king asks so I sigh.

"His name is dillon and he is the vampire kingdoms heir" I say making several people snarl in disgust.

"And how does he know you" Francis asks with a look of hatred at dillon.

" when I was 15 I ran away from home for three months my second week I met dillon at a human cafe. We became friends and even lived together he was 16 at the time so he convinced people I was his little sister. Eventually we both returned to our homes" I say leaving out the brief romance we had is probably best.

"And why is he here" Aiden snaps making me snarl.

"How am I supposed to know...he is under my protection so anyone who lays a finger on him will feel my undying wrath" I say before picking dillon up and carrying him to my room.

Courtney arrives soon after I lay dillon on my bed with wet towels.

"I figure we should clean him up" she says handing me a towel. We wash him off and wait for him to wake.

"Something more happened in that three months didn't it" Courtney ask so I sigh and nod.

" is the anything to it now" she asks so I chuckle.

"Of course not well at least not for me I love cloud Dillon is a old flame that went out nothing more" I say so she smiles.

"Cloud must be your mates name" I turn sharply at dillons words. Courtney leaves to give us a minute alone.

"Indeed it is" I say so he smiles sadly.

"Don't you have any feeling for me left" he asks so I sigh.

"The same feelings anyone would have seeing an old friend but nothing more" I say making him sigh and sit up.

"Well I guess your wondering why I'm here. Demons attacked my kingdom and haven taken everyone prisoner I escaped but I fed on a hiker before I got here. I didn't know where else to go sweetheart" he says and I growl.

"Don't call me sweetheart and I'm sorry but I can't help you as future ruler of this kingdom I can't risk my life for yours" I say so he stands up furious.

"Your the future queen of the demon kingdom though" he snaps so I stand.

"Yes but I haven't taken that throne yet to much is at stake for me to put your problems on myself I'm sorry but I can't help you" I say so he punches the wall.

" so much for old friends...I bet your mate doesn't know I almost took your v card it'd be a shame if he found out" Dillon says making me stiffen.

" he knows already" I say so Dillon laughs.

"From what I hear your mate isn't to trusting so how would he react if I told him we had a special encounter" Dillon says and I growl.

"You wouldn't dare if you lie and cause my mate to leave me I'll personally lend my full support to the demon kingdom and tear down your throne" I snap so he chuckles and leaves the room. I have to find a way to solve these problems.