Chapter 13 ༄ Trapped

"Jonah, I'm home." Roe called from the door, closing it behind her and putting her coat on the rack. She smiled at her boyfriend.

"How was your first day of work?" He asked from the kitchen, where he just started on dinner for the two of them. He had just got home around an hour ago, his work ended earlier than hers.

"Pretty much like university, just all of the work and none of the school part." She told him, with a smile. "It's pretty stressful." She admitted and walked over to him.

"Everything in life is stressful if you make it." Jonah said and started to prepare plates. "So don't make it stressful."

"Don't get all psychological on me." She pouted, sitting down at the table.

He laughed and handed Roe a plate, sitting down with his own. "I can't help it, I'm a psychologist for a living."

"Yes you can." She protested and looked at the food. "Waffles? Really?"

"Well we haven't had them in a while." He took a bite. "So why not?" He took another bite.

"It just brings back memories, of the past." She added some syrup to her waffle and took a bite, remembering her old friends.

"It's only been two years since the Empire fell." He said. "Give it some time."

"I know." She nodded. "But I've already given it time."

He gave her a weak smile. "The war changed a lot of people, I'm glad you didn't lose yourself."

"Me nah, I'm too smart to lose myself." She smirked, trying to balance conversation and eating dinner at the same time.

He shook his head. "You are smart, I'll give you that. Can I ask you something... personal?"

"Hit me." She took a bite of her waffle.

"Why didn't you join the Empire? I know the Empire was horrible even worse than that, but a lot of people were blind to that and you could of probably made a lot of credits if you put your intellect into it." He asked, Roe was a bit shocked, he doesn't normally ask about her past. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to.. I was just curious."

"This isn't one of your sessions, I'm your girlfriend." Roe scolded him.

"If it was you would be paying me, but I'll back off if you want me to."

"I know." She rolled her eyes. "I never joined the Empire, because I saw first hand what they did when I lived on Lothal. Cece..." Her eyes watered at the thought of her dead friend. "Jessica and Cane." She hoped the twi'lek was doing ok in the Republic with Hera. "They took me in after everything happened and Jessica was sure as force no one was joining the Empire. She was my friend, and I couldn't let her down."

"You don't talk about your past much." Jonah commented.

"Yeah, I know."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really." She thought and her mind wandered to thinking about her parents and her brother. "It's just the past and it's in the past."