Chapter 1 ༄ Birth

22 years ago...

"Just one more push." The medic droid, reassured the pained Mandalorian who was sitting on it's medic bed.

"Ahhhh!" She screamed and gripped the bed, with all she had.

She heard a small cry and her heart broke.

"It's a girl." The medic droid informed them and Sabine noticed the small bundle in it's arms.

"I'll take her." Ezra smiled and took the baby from the droid. He felt so proud of this bundle of joy, that had barely even taken a breath, she was their child, their happy future, one with no Empire, or sith.

Sabine took a couple of deep breaths smiling, and exhausted. She thanked the medic droid and it was happy to give them a few moments alone.

"She's beautiful." Sabine smiled, looking up at her husband and child.

"What about me?" Ezra asked with a laugh, handing over the child to her mother.

"You're beautiful too." She said, and they both laughed. She looked down at her baby and held her close. "You thought about the names we have talked about?"

"Yes I have." Ezra said, and leaned over his wife and planted a kiss on both of their foreheads. "I was thinking you can choose this one and I can choose the next."

"Ezra let's stay in the present for a moment." She said with a smile. "But I guess that's only fair." Ezra smiled back.

Sabine looked at the barely an hour old baby and felt nothing, but innocent and happiness radiating off her. She didn't know of war, of pain, of sickness, but she didn't know happiness, or joy, or love yet. "I'm kind of sold on a name related to Kanan, we talked about Kay with a K or Cay with a C."

"I like Kay with a K." Ezra inputted.

"Then Kay it is. Kay Bridger, welcome to the galaxy." Sabine told her daughter, and Sabine could of swore she smiled back at her.

Ezra looked down at his biotic arm, and moved it just a bit. He was reminded of his past again, and decided to make a promise.

I will never hurt my family again.

He remembered his own parents, their smiles, their laughs, and how he felt his time with them was so short and made another promise.

I won't let this girl grow up without a father or a mother.

He looked back up and saw Sabine smiling at him. "This is a day to be remembered."

"It truly is." Sabine agreed, and jumped a bit when she heard the door open.

"Hera!" Ezra smiled when he saw who was coming in.

"I'm so sorry I'm late." Hera apologized, and noticed the little bundle in Sabine's arms. "The droid said family only and.... Is that...?"

"Yes." Sabine said. "You can hold her, if you want."

Hera nodded and took the small baby into her own arms. "It's been so long since I've held a baby." She wiped back a tear. "It's so cute." Have you decided on a name yet?"

"It's a she, and yes we have." Sabine answered, trying to sit up, but falling back into the bed. "We decided to name her Kay, after Kanan."

Hera just smiled and Ezra figured she didn't trust herself to speak, by the growing tears in her eyes.

All Kay saw were happy smiling faces looking back at her, she didn't feel the need to cry, she felt the need to sleep and rest for whatever this life might bring.