Chapter 17 ༄ Captured

Freedom woke up with a burning pain in his arm. He tried not to faint as he looked at the long gash though his left arm. Freedom pushed himself up with his right arm and looked around for Mouse. Mouse was tangled up in a duct tape roll on the floor of the cockpit.

"Freedom, you're up." Mouse breathed a sigh of relief. "The Phantom is completely busted, Sabine's going to kill me. Well at least I think it's busted, I'm not good with these kind of things."

"There is literally a tree right through the front." Freedom pointed the snow covered tree that was currently taking up most of the cockpit where Mouse once was. "I think we have more pressing matters to worry about." He sighed, and let out a yelp.

"What's wro-" Mouse noticed the cut. "Hang on I'll get the first aid kit." He threw the duct tape roll on the floor and opened the emergency hatch.

Freedom's consciousness slowly began to return as he tried to stand, but the pain was too great. He let out a sigh and flopped onto the floor.

"Just stay still kiddo." Mouse cautioned as he pulled out some bandages from the pack.

"Mouse, why do you have duct tape over your eye and on your arm?" Freedom asked, confused as Mouse started to patch him up.

"Duct tape fixes everything." He shrugged him off and started to clean the cut.

"You don't put duct tape on your fac-" Freedom stopped. "Forget it- aGh." He yelped again when Mouse put pressure on his wound.

"Just one more second." Mouse ignored Freedom's comment and wrapped up the wound.

"It hurts." Freedom admitted and rubbed where the bandage now was, grimacing.

"It'll be fine." Mouse said. "We'll be fine. We just have to get the communications working and we'll be out of here in a jiffy."

"But what about that lady and those ships?" Freedom pointed out and asked.

"First off, they were modified ties and second off, you just had has bring her up, don't go jinxing us Freedom." Mouse criticized and helped Freedom onto his feet.

Freedom shrugged. "Thanks."

"Anytime pal. Sabine will kill me for this if not for the fact the Phantom 2 is busted." Mouse said and started looking around for the communications.

"She's probably kill you for me, then find a way to revive you, then kill you again for the ship."

"It's scary because I can actually see it."

Freedom nodded and tried to take a seat at the bench.

"Do we have any coats?" Freedom shook with the cold that was slowly creeping into the ship.

"We have an emergency blanket." Mouse grabbed it and threw it at him. He began to fiddle with some parts of the ship.

Freedom caught it with his good arm and wrapped it around his shoulders. Shivering, he cleared a spot and sat down.

"So how's your romantic relationships going?" Freedom laughed as Mouse pounded on the control panel.

"Haha very funny." Mouse smiled and looked back at him. "Not really going at the moment."

"Feel ya man." Freedom said and then they both laughed.

Mouse let out a sigh. "I should know how to fix this, but I just can't remember how." He hit himself on the head again. "Think Mouse think, stupid trees." Mouse hit his head again.

"Hey! Don't hurt yourself to much." Freedom was a bit worried for Mouse's sanity. "We'll figure it out."

He sighed. "I hope." Mouse sat down beside Freedom and pulled his knees close to his chest.