Chapter two: We're going home

After that situation David had taken Max and left. Everything was silent as David started driving home. Max looked at the Bruise on David's face but quickly looked away. Max felt bad for what happened. He wished David would have just left it alone. Max was used to his parents acting this way. But at the same time he was glad to be away from them. He could feel tears forming at the corners of his eyes. Apparently David had noticed and put a hand on Max's Shoulder.

"Hey, its ok-" David said.

"I'm sorry." Max said with a slightly shaky voice.

"You didn't do anything wrong Max." David replied.

He just looked at David for a moment tears slowly streaming down his face before he hugged him. David smiled, hugging back.

"Don't worry Max, we're going home."

After driving for about an hour Max had again fallen asleep. David let out a long sigh.

"I'm sorry your parents don't care." He whispered, though he knew Max wouldn't hear.

David pulled into the driveway of his cabin home and got out. He carefully picked up Max and walked into the dark, quiet house. David flipped on the lights and walked into the spare room. He laid Max on the bed and pulled the sheets over him. He began to walk out when Max spoke.

"Goodnight David."

David smiled.

"Goodnight Max."

David closed the door and walked to his room.

"I'll call somebody about this tomorrow." He said exhaustedly.

David then climbed in bed and fell asleep.

A/N: YES I GOT INSPIRATION FROM THE TAXI CAB ANIMATIC