Chapter Eight: fishing and fun

After an agonizing week of school Max finally had the weekend to do absolutely nothing. Or so he thought. Max was sleeping soundly when he was woken up by David.

"Max wake up, I've got something fun planned!" David said excitedly.

Max knew there was no way out of whatever he was doing so he slowly got up. He walked over to the cup of coffee David had made for him.

"So what are we doing today?" Max asked, sipping his coffee.

"We're going fishing!" David replied happily.

"Wow, sounds like a blast." Max said sarcastically.

"I know!" David said, clearly not understanding Max's sarcasm.

"You see Max, when I was your age my dad would take me fishing all the time. It's like a tradition in my family." David said happily.

"Yeah, ok." Max said rolling his eyes.

Max finished up his coffee and David and Max got in the car.

"I can't wait to teach you how to fish! You might even catch one!" David said enthusiastically, starting the car.

Max replied with a grunt and stared out the window until they arrived at a big lake.

Max had to admit it was a pretty lake and definitely looked like a good place to fish. Max got out of the car and David got the fishing poles out of the trunk. He handed Max a small fishing pole and he looked at it quizzically. David began to explain how to use the fishing pole and Max thought it was actually pretty simple.

David walked a little further down the lake and Max stayed put. After half an hour of fishing Max began to get angry and discouraged.

"This isn't working David! Let's just go home." Max said.

David walked over to Max and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't be discouraged Max I'm sure you'll catch one soon." He said.

Max sighed and cast the line again. Suddenly he felt a tug on the line.

"Holy shit David I think I got something!" Max said excitedly.

"Really? Reel It in!" David said.

It turns out Max had caught a beautiful rainbow trout. Max was actually really happy and David was a proud Dad (eheheh).

"Good job Max!" David said.

"Thanks dad!" Max said happily.

David smiled as him and Max drove home.

A/N: tbh I don't like this chapter that much. This is the last chapter before the hiatus so please tell me what you think.