Chapter 5

*Reader's POV*

"What's in the crates?" Laxus asked behind me and I answered over my shoulder "This is the furniture we need to finish up the apartments. They'll be bringing the rest of what we need over the next few days. So all we have to do is separate everything in half and wait till your team arrives that way all we have to do is bring it up on the lifts and install it." I took his hand and led him into one of the lobby's. The lobby was a wide open space with a single lift on each side, positioned in the center of each wall. There was a single desk in the middle of the room, surrounded by tables and chairs. Everything was positioned comfortably around the columns that held up the next floor.

The lobby was clean and sophisticated with several couches and rugs here and there, with several plants scattered about the room. Laxus and I separated the load in half making sure that each lift had the same amount. When that was completed together we walked towards the Fairy Tail guild. Its bright lights leading the way as we walked in silence. "How much did you spend on each of these projects of yours?" he suddenly asked. I chuckled and said "Their wasn't as extreme as you think it was. In this line of work you have to ben an adept business woman, which of course I am."

"1 million jewel each?" he stated. I laughed and shook my head. "2 million each?" he said. Once again I shook my head before saying "60 thousand jewel's per building. A total of 240,000 for all four." He stopped before asking "Why so low?" I shrugged and said "A few of the clients cut their costs in half on my bulk orders." He nodded then fell silent for a few moments before asking "Where do you stay?" "I stay here in Magnolia with a friend" was my cryptic reply. We arrived at the guild in silence and I said "The next few days will be busy so I'll meet you at the apartments in 3 days." He nodded and I left sending him a wave.

*3rd Person POV*

Laxus watched her walk away before turning to go inside. Immediately he ran into Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow. He met the teams gaze an said "Our plan starts the day of the festival, until then I'll need your help with my end of a bet." Bickslow laughed and said "does it include that pretty lady we saw walking away boss?" Laxus nodded and said "She turned down a date from me, so I made a bet that if she could guess the next 3 songs on y tape correctly we'd help her move the rest of her things into her buildings. She won."

The group nodded before turning to leave only for Laxus to say "Evergreen I need to ask you something." He looked back at the departing figure in the distance for courage before asking Evergreen for advice.