Chapter 9

~*Few Weeks Later*~

All three buildings were completed before the Fantasia Parade. I was currently standing with the Miss Fairy Tail contestant's making sure that they had what they needed. Only for me to be shoved onto the stage when they realized that Max Alors was late and needed a stand in until he arrived. So there I stood in a white sleeveless crop top, with a gray high low sided skirt, and thigh high black boots. I cleared my throat before fixing the red glasses on my face and began to announce. Cana appeared first using her Magic Card while she wore a bathing suit and wedged heels.

Next was Juvia using her Water Magic also wearing a bathing suit. I laughed along with the crowd as Mirajane appeared doing some weird transformations. Next was Erza who wore a blue thigh length ruffled dress with long sleeves doing some Requip Magic. Levy was next and after her Bisca arrived on stare also wearing a bathing suit. Just when Lucy had just began her act wearing a cheerleading uniform Evergreen entered the room and turned the girls to stone.

*3rd Person POV*

Laxus and the others appeared. Laxus noticed the petrified Y/N and touched her face before wrapping an arm around her and announcing "We'll be playing a game to decide who the strongest is in Fairy Tail. We'll be keeping these lovely girls as hostages to prevent any broken rules." Then Evergreen continued where Laxus left off "You'll have 3 hours to find Laxus and us or these girls will meet their demise. Your battle field is the entire town of Magnolia." Before they could vanish Makarov said "At least release Y/N. She's not even a member." Laxus looked down at the woman under his arm before saying "Because she's important to you, she remains where she is."

Then the four vanished, and the guild began to leave the building. But Makarov couldn't leave the barrier enchantment Freed had casted. One by one the members began to fall their victories and defeats recorded on the barrier.

-Evergreen defeats Elfman Strauss

-Bickslow defeats Gray Fullbuster

-Freed defeats Reedus Jonah

-Bickslow defeats Nab Lasaro and Laki Olietta

Soon the only ones left were Natsu and Gajeel who remained trapped inside Fairy Tail's guild hall. Soon Laxus made an announcement that all Makarov had to do for the battle to stop was to resign his position as Guild Master to him. And that he had an hour and a half to do so. To everyone's surprise the petrification spell lifts from Erza, who joins the battle along with Mystogan. The next announcement lifted everyone's spirits as the girls returned to normal.

-Evergreen defeated by Erza Scarlet.

*Reader's POV*

I stood at Makarov's side as the atmosphere relaxed only for it to be broken when Laxus activated a spell called the Thunder Palace. Makarov suddenly fell into my arms, shocked and ill at that Laxus had done. Bisca requips her sniper rifle and aimed at one of the thunder filled lacrima orbs that surrounded Magnolia only to stop at my shout. At her puzzled look I explained "Thunder Palace is one of Laxus's most dangerous spells. The lacrima orbs are filled with thunder and are capable of creating a lightning storm strong enough to destroy the whole town of Magnolia."

"Only a better reason to take it down" Bisca said before lifting the rifle once more. "Wait!! If I know Laxus he would've put an organic link magic on it as well. If any of the orbs are attacked it would electrocute and knock the attacker unconscious. For the sake of Fairy Tail, I can't allow you to attack the orb" I stated. She lowered the rifle and Lucy asked "Then how do we stop it?" Suddenly Makarov opened his eyes and gave them all an ill smile. I removed the glasses I wore and placed his right hand on my left cheek, as thunder and lightning filled the air as it began to pour.

His thumb gently rubbed at the make up I wore on my cheekbone, and revealed a small black Fairy Tail guild mark. "You know what to do Y/N" he said softly. I nodded and kissed his palm, staying with him as the other's left to join the fight. I stayed with him until he fell unconscious and carefully stood, as the rain fell down harder as the sky darkened. I turned to leave when Levy said "The storm is coming from you. But how? Everyone thought that you didn't possess magic."  I stopped at the guild hall doors, as silence filled the air between us. I looked back at her and Makarov before saying "I'll take care of the lacrima orbs until then stay here."

Then stepped into the pouring rain as I made my way towards the cathedral. I came across several members who stopped what they were doing when they noticed my drenched form. Everyone watched in shock as lightning hit the ground all around me. They watched as I summoned my magic, as the lightning not only surrounded my body but the orbs as well. The rain came down harder as the wind tossed around the snow that started to fall. The lightning moved and crackled around me as I summoned even more power. I looked up only to notice Natsu and Gajeel fighting Laxus on the cathedral's roof.

A large ball of lightning expanded from my body before exploding in a large wave that destroyed every orb at the same time. I looked up and my gaze suddenly collided with Laxus's shocked gaze.