Chapter 8

~*Time Skip*~

*Reader's POV*

I leaned back in my chair and rubbed my eyes. It was early evening when I finally looked out the window. I looked back at the pile of paperwork that still needed to be done. I grabbed my pen and sighed as I continued. It wasn't long after I started when I heard the knock at the tavern door. I stood and after a good stretch went down stairs and opened the door. Standing there was a man who had a large box of chocolates in his hand. He handed them to me and left leaving me standing there with a shocked expression.

I opened the box and blinked at my name spelled out in small individually wrapped chocolates. A small smile on my face as I walked back into the old tavern. I went back to my desk and continued my work occasionally eating a chocolate or two.

~*The Next Day*~

I was in the bathroom on the top floor when I heard a commotion on the first floor. Quickly slipping my shoes on, I headed down the stairs. My overalls hung around my waist, the top half remained unclipped in my haste to discover what was going on. The clips made a small clinking noise as I went down the steps only to discover three unknown people standing in the guild hall. Two men and a single woman turned at my approach.

One of the men was tall with broad shoulders. The upper half of his body covered in a white vertical stripped dark colored cloth, which ended over his head like a hood. His eyes were covered by a slited metal visor similar to a medieval knight, and his hands were left uncovered. He wore large green wristbands, and shoulder pads with skulls on them. The bottom half of his body was a large kneed length cloth waist guard that was held up by a simple belt like band. Under the waist guard he wore a pair of dark baggy pants, tucked into a pair of armored greaves.

Beside him was a woman who wore a sleeveless green dress that reached mid-thigh. The upper part of her dress was tight and formfitting, revealing the Fairy Tail symbol on the right side of her bust. In the center was a red oval shaped pendent that held up a light green sash that went around her shoulders and reached the matching green gloves she wore. She wore a pair of bluish black thigh highs, with light purple colored shoes. Her hair was a light brown worn, in an upper-side ponytail held up with a purple rose. She wore glasses, and a necklace around her neck. The necklace she wore seemed pretty expensive with its large ruby red jewel in the middle with smaller emerald colored jewels. She had wings that were folded as she looked at me, a fan in her hand.

On the other side of her was another man who possessed a slim body build with waist length light green hair. His bangs covered the right side of his face, with a pair of unique lightening shaped strands that jutted out from the sides of his head going backwards. His eyes were a greenish blue and a small beauty mark rested underneath his left eye. He wore a knee-length double-breasted coat, with a wide collar and large light colored cuffs. 4 buttons kept the coat closed, and out of the top gap you could tell he wore a simple light colored shirt with a cravat around his neck tucked into the coat he wore. A pair of loose light colored pants tucked into a pair of simple boots. Around his waist was a simple pair of buckled belts that held a sword on his left. A Fairy Tail guild mark on the back of his left hand, he resembled a French nobleman.

In this groups presence I felt like an outsider, which in truth was exactly what I was. The first man stuck his tongue out and I was able to see the dark Fairy Tail guild mark he possessed. I looked down at myself before calmly grabbing my loose overall top and buttoned both sides closed. "I assume that you are the Thunder God Tribe?" I asked not losing the calmness I possessed. The nobleman bowed before saying "I am Freed Justine. This is Evergreen, an Bickslow. We were told of the bet you won against Laxus." I bowed in return and said "My name is Y/N L/N. I'm pleased to meet you all." I stood up straight before saying "Do you know what you're helping me with?" "From his words I understood that you needed help moving things into your building. Is this not it?" Freed asked.

I shook my head and said "I have three other buildings that need to be completed. Please follow me and I'll explain what we need to do." "We? I was under the assumption that we'd be doing it for you" Freed spoke. Once again I shook my head and said "I have no time to make other work for me if I won't be doing the same. If you work I work alongside you."