Prologue

A/N: Aloha kakou my lovely readers, I'm editing this book and I'm gonna try to update at least once a month if I can, or I'll just update whenever I have chapter plots, it'll be very iffy, I have a fulltime job so it will definitely be hard, but I'll do my best for all of you

Published: Jan 31, 2018
Edit: May 12, 2024

Once upon a time, a little girl lived with her mother and father

Once upon a time, a little girl lived with her mother and father. They were a loving family and adored each other deeply. The little girl had been discovered in an alley as a newborn and possessed special abilities known only to her parents, who loved her nonetheless. One night, while the little girl was asleep, her parents were in the living room watching TV when suddenly they heard a crash in the kitchen. The mother and father cautiously entered, with him holding a bat and her staying behind him. When they flicked on the lights, they spotted a man in the corner brandishing a dagger. "Hello," the man said in a sinister tone. Your father lunged at him and swung, but he missed. The man swiftly turned and stabbed him in the back, right where his heart was.

Your POV

I awoke to the sound of my mama screaming. Quickly, I got up and ran to the kitchen where Mama was. Upon reaching the kitchen, I saw a man in the corner facing away from Mama and me. I quietly walked to her side. "M-mama, w-what h-h-happened to y-you?" I whispered, tears streaming down my face. "Baby, you need to get up... gasp and run, and... gasp I want you to take my locket," I didn't argue because I knew she was trying to protect me.

"I'll try my best, but I'm scared," I said as I held her hand. "It's okay to be afraid; you can be brave and scared at the same time. Now, leave, quickly," she said. "Hey, what's all that noise?!" the man said before he turned around. "Well, look what we have here," he said as he slowly crept toward me. "Baby, run now!" Mama yelled.

I dashed out the door with the man close behind. Ahead of me, I saw the forest and bolted straight into it, hoping to lose him. He was far behind now, but I hid in a den in case he was still around. Unaware, I didn't notice a fox and her kits slowly approaching me. "Mama, why is there a small human in our den?" I heard a small voice inquire.

I turned to see the three foxes and looked at them, confused. "Did you say something? I'm sorry, but I'm hiding from a bad man who did horrible things to my mommy and daddy..." I said quietly. "Oh my... I'm sorry to hear that. You are welcome to stay for as long as you need, but we eat quite a bit of raw meat and berries," the mama fox said.

"Ok. Oh! I'm (Y/n), what are your names?" I asked. "I'm Lyra, and these are my sons, Danny and Alex," Lyra introduced. "It's very nice to meet you, and thank you," I said with a smile. "Now, about this communing with animals thing, to tell you the truth, I am a fox spirit, so I tend to sense magical things, and dear, you seem to have a dormant power deep within your soul. I suggest trying to learn more about this," she said, and I nodded.

~Timeskip~

Your POV

I stretched as I walked out of the fox den. I wanted to go exploring, but Lyra said I couldn't go far because it could be dangerous, and the twins were sleeping, so I think I'll just look for flowers. As I got deeper into the forest, I heard static, and I felt like I was being watched until I heard a voice boom in my mind. "W̶̜͎̉͌h̵̝̏́o̷̥͋̇ ̵̱̉a̶̯͔͗̉ř̴̰̱e̵͗͊͜ ̷̫́y̵̹̕o̸͙͎̊u̶͚̩̎,̸͇͓̈́̔ ̸̡͖́̆l̷̥͆͜͝i̸͕̍̌t̸̬̬̃t̵̗̙̊͒l̸̛̯e̴̠̻͗ ̷̬̊g̵̰̭͒ì̶̟̽r̵̹̾l̵͍̔?̵͚̉͘" A staticky voice asked.

I looked around until I spotted a tall man with pale white skin and no face. Although he looked kinda scary, I wasn't scared of him. I simply smiled at him. "I'm (Y/n), what's your name?" I asked as I looked up at him. He seemed surprised because he was quiet for a few seconds before he answered me. "I am Slenderman," he said as the static cleared.

A/N: Woooooo done with the first edit, I hope this came out a lot better than before, I'll keep at it for now, but love ya, cya later, mwah