Bring Da Ruckus

January 2018

Slim sat on his couch and watched as Y/n paced back and forth and yelled obscenities with her verbal attack on him. It took a full 24-hours for her fear and sadness about K.K. to morph into rage towards him. She had every right to be angry with him. He'd left her with no explanation and in his absence, all hell broke loose.

Two days after New Year's, Mack and Dro wasted no time with reiterating their demands. Moe and Risky's houses had been broken into by the only people who had beef with Slim currently. Risky wasn't home when the invasion happened but Moe was and although he had a few bumps and bruises from being caught off guard by the hitmen, he'd gotten the upper hand and killed them before they could kill him. The first thing he did was inform Slim about the ordeal and suggest he disappear for a while. It was only a matter of time before a new set of hitmen were sent out to rob and kill him.  So for now, he was temporarily residing in another house some miles west of Downers Grove.

Slim had gone south for a week or so and he couldn't risk calling Y/n. He had to make it seem like they weren't together to reduce the chances of his enemies from coming for her. It was bad enough his family was at risk but Ezra and Risky had them covered while he was gone. By no means did Slim run away from anyone but leaving was the only way to protect the people he cared about. His goons were nothing to play with but Slim had done some downsizing when he took over Rick's empire. Unlike his uncle, Slim's crew only consisted of 25 men who patrolled and sold to half the city.

Slim left to regroup and plan his operation to put things back in order which started with eliminating these rivals. He trusted things would run smoothly with Moe looking out but he'd underestimated Mack and Dro and whoever was employing them. He'd dropped the ball and he refused to let it happen again.

While Moe was making sure money was still flowing, he'd given D.C. the task of keeping an eye on Y/n to make sure she was safe. Once he told Slim that he'd seen Y/n with the guy he almost capped at his party, Slim got in his car and sped 10 hours back to Illinois. He was enraged at the thought of Marcus smiling in her face, making her laugh. His hatred for him went much deeper than just flirting with his woman. He and Marcus had quite a colorful past and every time he thought the nigga was gone, he popped up again. He knew he was going to be a pain in the ass when he moved back to Illinois.

Hearing that Y/n spent a day with him had him fuming and Slim had every intention of setting her straight. However, once he got the news about K.K. being kidnapped, he pushed his anger to the side . Whether Y/n had been with Marcus or not, it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome. They still would have been in their current situation. The bottom line was Slim brought this on with his iron fist ruling and cold hearted demeanor. Rick always did tell him his cut throat ways would get him in even more trouble than his life already did.

"WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU?! I NEEDED YOU! MY COUSIN IS GONE! I NEEEDED YOU JUST LIKE YOU NEED ME WHEN YOU'RE STRESSED OR WHAT THE FUCK EVER AND WHERE WERE YOU?!" She screamed as tears stained her face.

"I'm sorry, ok?! I couldn't be here! I shoulda been for ya'll but I couldn't alright?!"

"No, it's not alright! You talk all this shit about me holdin' you down and we got each other but you ain't got me, Woody! You keep me in the dark about everything and when I need you the most, you a fuckin' ghost!" She hiccuped. Slim could see the hurt in her eyes.

"Look, I'mma get her back okay? I promise you!"

"What do you mean you gon' get her back? What are you talkin' about?! You don't even know-...you know who took her." The realization that K.K. wasn't just a random target but most likely a ransom, set in.