Chapter 1- The Letter

Dear Alexis,

I just want to tell you, I love you. I know I shouldn't have left in such a hurry, and without a word. It was unthinkable. I cant imagine the pain I have put you in. I know what its like to feel different. And i want you to come with me instead of staying in Demàne. I want you to meet me in the woods between Demàne and Mistic Falls. I'll be there. 9 o'clock sharp.

I love you, Danny.

I set down the letter. He was right. I do feel different. But do I forgive him for breaking my heart? Its been almost a year since he left without a word. A year since my father died and left me my title. The Silver Princess. I'm cool being a "witch." I think its awesome. I just don't like not being able to tell anyone about it. Danny was my only friend. My secret caused me not to trust anyone. Therefor, no friends. When I found Danny I felt like I could trust him. So I told him. Then, not even a day after, he left me.

There are many things I worry about. Like whether or not he's told anyone. And if he did, I can handle it. I have alot of experience with fighting vampires. When I first realized my powers, a lot of vampires arrived, drawn by my powerful aura.

It was a good thing my father taught me many different ways to protect myself. Karate, kung fu, and others. I was the top of my class. Beat even the instructors. I have an advantage against the vampires. I have a strategy. At first I use the normal, human defences like kicking them in the nuts or punching him in the face. Then, once they release their power, I release mine. Hehe. Lets just say its not pretty.

There is ONE vampire I will never forget, Klaus. His dark aura stood out like a sore thumb to me. He made me want to find out why he was so dark... Entering his mind, I saw bits of his past. They showed that he was not always bad. This made me want to investigate even farther. But before I could, he left without a fight. But that was five months ago.... so why dwell on the past?