Slim P.O.V

Slim POV.

Lauren wasn't talking to me for some reason. She ignored all my calls and text messages. I tried to talk to her in the hallways but she would walk away really fast. After school I went over to go pick up my sisters, we got some McDonalds and headed home.

Slim: How was school?

Alexis: Boring. Yours?

Slim: Normal.

We pulled into our drive way, and then we all got out. I saw Laurens mom Bianca London walking their pit-bull Digger from around their corner, when she saw us she ran towards us. China smiled running towards her opening her arms as she did the same. They finally hugged and walked towards us.

Bianca: Aw my kids look so good. Slim I can't get a hug?

I smiled giving her a hug kissing her cheek. She looked just like Lauren except her hair was straight and she was little lighter. She scrunched her face when she saw the McDonalds bags.

Bianca: You're feeding my angels such junk. How about you guys come over for dinner? I'm making my famous Mac and Cheese, corn, steamed veggies, ham and all that other good stuff.

Slim: That's fine we're all good.

The girls looked at me with a pleading look, I must admit the only time we ate that good was over at her house but I didn't want to make it seem like we had no food, I didn't want to be selfish so I agreed and we all walked over to her house. Her house smelt like fresh lemonade and roses, we all sat on the couch. I peeked into the kitchen noticing her struggle; I walked into the kitchen and started helping her.

Bianca: So tell me, how's it with you and that girl?

Slim: Pretty good I guess.

She didn't say anything but just started cutting the carrots. I heard the door open, my sisters and Lauren both then started squealing and hugging each other. They all then came into the kitchen, once Laurens eyes fell on me her smile faded slowly.

Lauren: Oh hey guys.

Bianca: We're having a family dinner together.

Lauren: That sounds nice, im taking the girls to the mall for a while to get some clothes we'll be back before dinner.

Bianca: Oh okay add some of my money from my purse to get some more stuff too. Slim arent you gonna go with her?

I shrugged looking at her twisting my dreads. Lauren then smiled gesturing for me to come with.

Slim: If she wants me to.

Lauren: Yeah thats fine lets go.

Slim: Ma you sure you dont need my help?

Bianca: Im fine, im an independent black woman that dont need no man.

We all laughed and she hugged as all goodbye. When we got outside Lauren handed me the keys as she got into the passenger seat. She and girls chatted the whole ride to the mall leaving me time to think about what i should say to her when she talks to me. When we got into the store, they all went into Wet Seal leaving me standing outside waiting for them. As i looked around i saw Lay Lay and another guy walking into Victorias Secret together.