Part 5 - Finding the First Emerald

First, they headed to Tails' workshop to get a detector for the Emeralds. They didn't have to find the Master Emerald, Knuckles already had it but it'll get tough to get it away from him.

"So," Tails started. "if I get this right. You two were trying to get revenge on Eggman for killing Amy, but it failed." "Yes." Sonic confirmed. "Then a mysterious light appears and saves you two from dying and destroyed the weapon with an explosion?" Tails continued. "True." Shadow confirmed. "Right..." Tails said. "And then it tells you two to find the Chaos Emeralds, the Master Emerald, and another thing, but that light forgot what, to revive Amy?!" "That's the truth." Sonic said. "So all you need here is a detector for the Chaos Emeralds?" Tails asked. "Yep." Shadow said. "You two realise that I think you guys have gone crazy right?" Tails asked. "Yeah, we thought you'd say something like that." Sonic said. "You mean I knew he was going to say something like that!" Shadow stated. "Well, if it's true, then it would be our only change. But if it isn't, we'll have all the Chaos Emeralds in the end! So yes. Here is your Emerald-Detector." Tails decided and gave a detector to Sonic. "Thanks buddy!" Sonic said with a smile. Shadow said nothing so Sonic kicked his leg. "Hmpf! Yeah thanks foxboy." He quickly said and looked at Sonic like he was gonna burn him up with his eyes. "Let's go Shad!" Sonic said. "Do not. Call. Me. Shad!" Shadow shouted at him. "Come on mister grumpy!" Sonic said. "Let's just go!"

They ran out of Tails workshop and started the detector. It located an emerald nearby, at Eggmans base! They knew they wouldn't get it without fighting Egghead and after that enormous weapon they were a little bit worried that there was another weapon so they would go the sneaky way in, but when they arrived the whole base was a big mess!

"What the hell happened here!" Sonic shouted. They saw Eggman, looking very depressed, sitting in the middle of the junk. "Eggman! What is this! A plan so we think that there is nothing left and then you shoot us in the back with another deadly laser cannon thingy? Eggman looked up, sighed, and stood up.

"Actually I REALLY lost everything since I crashed into my base with the scrap of my ultimate weapon so no, it's not a fake." "Then why the heck is there a chaos emerald here!" Shadow shouted. "Because all the emeralds have been blown away by the explosion and I saved one. But I don't need this anymore, so here you go." Eggman explained and gave the red emerald. "I guess I'll quit playing the Evil Genius since I always get beat up and start helping people with my knowledge and all that stuff." Eggman admitted. "That would be a good plan Egghead, but if you're lying we'll still beat you up and destroy your plan as always!" Sonic warned. "Sounds fair to me. Good luck with whatever you're going to do." Eggman finished and walked away. "Well that was easy!" Sonic said. "But if it still was a trap, I'm gonna kill him for real! Let's see where the next emerald is." Sonic said and turned the detector on again. "And?" Shadow asked impatiently. "It looks like we are going to planet Mormoral." Sonic answered.