Part 10 - The Underworld is not Hell

By now the boys had collected all the emeralds, Knuckles was willing to lend his master emerald when they were going to start the ritual, they had found Amy's brush with some hair and they were about to go into the Underworld. The portal had to be created with the seven emeralds, so no super forms in case of a battle. "Here goes nothing." Sonic said as they stepped trough the portal to the Underworld.

The underworld was surprisingly not-hellish! It was basically a village in which the people lived a normal life. No one really seemed to notice the two hedgehogs walking to the streets in the direction of the castle in the middle. "Death doesn't seem so bad I guess..." Sonic said.

Close to the entrance to the castle a woman stopped them. "You two aren't going to the castle, are you?" She asked worried. "We are, why?" Shadow answered. The woman gasped. "Are you two new here? Don't you know? The king has been strange for about a hundred years now! Nobody really knows why, but the king is very angry!" The lady explained. Shadow nodded.

Then they saw guards in front of the gate. "How about I use Chaos Control to get us on the roof, and then we sneak in." Shadow suggested and Sonic nodded. On the roof they went through a big chimney that ended in a big empty dining room.

Shadow and Sonic slipped around corners, staying in the shadows as much as they could and making no sound. The thing they wondered was why they hadn't seen a single guard yet. The only guard they had seen was in front of the gate. Luckily it wasn't long before they entered a room that said 'Energy Emeralds' on the door. Inside were white translucent emeralds on pedestals. There were about three of them. Sonic quickly grabbed one, but an alarm went of and a siren started to sound. Shadow just quickly grabbed Sonic and teleported into the garden. They then started walking back casually to the portal. "How did we manage to get out so easily?!" Sonic said confused. "I don't get it either! There wasn't a single guard and no sign of Mephiles. He was angry, but I heard nothing!" Shadow continued. "Well let's just go back to our world I guess." Sonic said as they reached the portal.