Part 6 - The Second Emerald

"Planet what?!” Shadow asked confused. “Planet Mormoral!” Sonic repeated. “Remember when the Metarex appeared and we all travelled trough space? Well Planet Mormoral was one of the planets were we found and chaos emerald and we cured that planet from some kind of disease. It was a planet famous of its love spells and fortune tellers! You could tell that when Amy knew about that the only thing she wanted was to go there and get me in love with her. Which had failed of course!” Sonic explained. “Yeah… But how the hell are we going to get there! I believe its 5 light years away! If you’d like to know. I can get far with chaos control but with only one emerald I’m limited to travel 100.000 kilometers and then I’m out of power and I don’t think there is an energy tube there to power me up again!” Shadow said. “I honestly have no idea…” Sonic realised. “Maybe we can ask The Chaotix to give us a ride since we both don’t know how to drive a spaceship!” “Seems legit. And exactly where do they live?” Shadow asked. “They are the owners of that new bar just out of town.” Sonic informed. “Well then what are we waiting for.” Shadow finished and they headed over to A Little Bit of Freedom (That’s the name of the bar)

When they arrived. They saw that the bar was just a little house on a spaceship. “Hey Vector!” Sonic shouted. “Sonic? What are you doing here?” Vector asked confused. “We need a ride.” Sonic said. “Oh! And where do you boys want to go?” Vector asked. “Planet Mormoral.” Shadow said. “PLANET MORMORAL!!! Why would you want to go to a place as happy as that! Especially you Shadow!” Vector shouted out of surprise. “Didn’t you think we’d have a good reason for something like that? And I wasn’t informed that that planet is really happy...fuck…” Shadow cursed in himsel. “But for your concern. We’re not gonna tell it” Shadow stated. “But it has nothing to do with some kind of way that could hurt him!” Sonic said with a bit of confusion. “Because if he knows, I’ll kill him!” Shadow said with rage in his voice, he didn’t really want people to know that he was going on that trip for a girl, it was a bit strange for him. “Okay, okay! I don’t have to know! But a trip that far will cost you 2500 rings.” Vector said. “‘You have enough Sonic?” Shadow asked. “Only 1250 rings…” Sonic said with a frown. “Well that’s the half. I’ll pay the other half and then we’re equal. Sonic and Shadow paid Vector the 2500 rings and they’re off to go!

When they arrived. Vector asked if they needed a ride back home too. They did and luckily the ride back was free. At least now The Chaotix could get some extra materials and stuff for free since some Mormorals give the stuff away they don’t need.

“Alright!” Sonic said cheerfully. “Let’s see, the Emeralds is north of us.” “Then let’s get this over with! This place is freaking me out!” He said anxious. “I’m getting a headache here!” They went north for a while till they found where the emerald was.

“IT’S IN A LAKE!!!” Sonic screamed filled with irritation. “Goddamnit I hate water!” “You forgot about me. I got gold and a World Record swimming at the Beijing and Londen games remember? I’ll go and grab it.” Shadow explained. He jumped into the lake and began to search underwater. After a while he came up gasping for air. He hadn’t found it yet, but he kept trying. After five times he finally found it.

“Found it!” He screamed towards Sonic. “Alright!” Sonic yelled. But soon they saw a new problem. It suddenly started to rain and the wind started to speed up. They where in the middle of a storm! With Shadow still in the water! “Get the hell out of there Shadow!” Sonic screamed towards Shadow. “Oh really!” Shadow screamed back sarcasticaly and he started to swim back. When they got out they ran back to the ship as fast as they could, but when they arrived Vector had bad news.

“We can’t take of while it’s storming. It could damage the ship and let us crash. We’ll have to wait till the storm lies down.” Almost right after he said that Shadow started to sneeze. He had caught a really bad cold. “What’s up with him?” Vector asked. “He had to swim to get something, but the storm started with him still in the water. He probably caught a cold after that.” Sonic explained and Shadow sighed. “Hmmm… It does explain why he’s totally soaked. CHARMY! GET A BLANKET AND FAST!” Vector yelled to Charmy. “Coming right up!” Charmy yelled back. “Here you go.” He said after handing Shadow the blanket. “Thanks, but I don’t need it. It’s just a cold.” Shadow said while coughing. “We gotta check your temperature though.” Vector said to Shadow. “I told you, it’s just a cold!” Shadow repeated annoyed. “I’m still going to check it.” Vector said stubborn and Shadow sighed. He popped a thermometer in his mouth and checked it. “39°C. You my friend have caught a fever.” “Goddamnit…” Shadow said. “Let me get you a cup of thee and an asparin. And your not getting up till your fever drops!” Vector ordered him. Sonic laughed at Shadow. “Oh and Sonic, you’ll do everything he says to make sure he’s feeling well.” Vector ordered Sonic. “And the tables have turned.” Shadow said with an evil smirk on his face. “Luckily for you the longest fever I’ve ever had was just 3 days. And Espio told me that the storms here can take days so you shouldn’t head outside or you’ll get hit by a flying tree or something since the storms here are pretty darn hard.” Shadow explained amused. “You mean that I have to stay inside. For like 3 days!” Sonic said shocked. Shadow nodded. “WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!” Sonic screamed at the sky.

The next three days all the guys did was:

-Shadow: Commanding Sonic and do nothing.

-Sonic: Being commanded by Shadow and being forced to do it by Vector.

-Vector: Making sure Sonic does what Shadow says.

-Charmy: Being an overly happy bee.

-Espio: Meditating.

Luckily (for Sonic) Shadow was cured on the 3th day and the storm laid down. They took off and when they were back Sonic turned on the detector to see where the 3th emerald was.

“It’s on this planet!” Sonic said. “Yes!” Shadow shouted relieved. “Aaaaand it’s inside a volcano...” Sonic said. “Fuck!”