CHAPTER ONE

Naruto POV

I awoke to the sun streaming inside a crack in the curtain almost blinding me. I yawned and got up off my bed and headed to the bathroom. I stared at my reflection in the mirror to see dull blue eyes and dull yellow hair with a few bruises here and there.

I tore myself from the mirror and went into the shower and did my business. Some time later I got out and used a tattered towel to dry off. Once finished I walked out the small space and into my ‘room’.

I stared at the plain walls and wooden floors. Scheming over the small and barren space that only consisted of my bed which is an old beaten up sponge with a sheet decorated with holes, a rickety desk and chair and a wardrobe. Pretty isn't it?

I went to the wardrobe to pick out a suit for the day. I opened it and started to look through the ‘many’ suits I had. Should I go with the blue shirt and black pants or the black pants and blue shirt?

Oh well I decided on the blue shirt and black pants. I grabbed an underpant and slipped them on as I tugged on my clothes and blue sandals, I walked out of my room slowly closing the door behind me and tiptoed down three flights of stairs.

Why three flights of stairs you ask? Well that's because I live in the attic. I walked through the silent house quietly in fear of making any noise and towards the kitchen. I grabbed a plastic bag and emptied the fruits that were in the bowl and went towards the front door.

I stepped outside as the crisp morning air caressed my face. I shut the door quietly and stepped unto the grass. I quickly walked out of the Uzumaki Namikaze compound.

I walked through the quiet village of Konoha, the only time I could walk at a peaceful pace without worrying about the villagers.

No one in their right mind will wake up at 6 in the morning to torture somebody. Maybe the ANBU or people from the T&I department but you get what I'm saying. I came to a stop as I reached my destination The hokage rock. I sat on the head of the third hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi, the only person to ever gave a damn about me.

Hiruzen-sama died when I was three years old. He was assassinated in his room by a missing SS class nin or that's what they say. I was devastated when I heard the news and cried myself to sleep.

I miss you Hiru-niisan.

I took an apple from the plastic bag and munched on it. As soon as I finished the apple I felt so full that I wanted to vomit but held it down. This is going to be the only thing I get to eat until dinner time. Which will also consist of a fruit, yay.

I laid stretched out on the statue’s head before drifting off to sleep again with the morning sun hugging me.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤  time skip ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I awoke to the loud chattering of the village’s people. I sighed in exhaustion as I begin my descend to the village floor. As soon as I stepped on the soil I felt dread wash over me.

“It's the demon brat!” Yelled someone. I picked up my pace and started to walk faster. “Grab the little bastard and let's teach him a lesson!” At this I started running at full speed towards nowhere in particular. “Get him!”

I turned down an alley to see if I could lose them but stopped when I hit a dead end. I could feel my being shaking in fear as the villagers and ninjas, ANBU members too, pool in the alley weapons at the ready.

“Let me show you how much pain you caused me when you took my husband away from me!” Yelled a woman as she threw a kunai at me. I shielded my face with my arms as the kunai lodged itself in my thigh.

I yelped in pain as I fell to my knees. “Ain't so strong now are you monster?” Sneered one of the ANBU as he rained chakra infused fists at me. I curled in a ball as they punched, kicked and stabbed me.

I fell limp on the ground pools of blood oozing from my wounds and mouth. They stepped back and watched as I try to stand,laughing at my futile attempts. A man came forward a kunai in hand and smiled at me. “ hey now brat let's put you out of your misery eh?” He smiled and rammed the blade in my stomach I gasped and coughed up blood.

The man pushed me off his kunai and I fell to the ground gasping. “The fourth should've done this a long time ago.” They spat at me and tears stream down my face. Between the crowd I saw red hair, I saw my family standing to one side of the alley staring at me.

I stretched towards them, hope blooming in my chest as they neared me but quickly withered as they sneered and turned to walk away. The last thing I saw was my family leaving me in that alley before everything went black.

 The last thing I saw was my family leaving me in that alley before everything went black