Chapter 7.

The week went by quickly, it was now Saturday morning. Arthur had decided he wanted to do something nice for his boyfriend.

Alfred was still asleep while Arthur slipped out of the bed and downstairs to the kitchen.

"I'll make him waffles! With strawberries and whip cream!" Arthur said to himself with a smile. He got out the ingredients, a bowl, whisk and waffle iron.

Soon the heavy smell of something burning filled the house. Some black smoke came from the kitchen to go with it.

Alfred woke up from the terrible smell, noticing Arthur was no longer in his arms he ran downstairs.

In the kitchen was Arthur, with a big mess, a burnt "waffle" on a plate and a smoking waffle iron.

"Artie!? What the hell!?" Alfred ran into the kitchen and quickly unplugged the waffle iron.

Arthur looked down at the ground. "I followed the recipe. I don't know what I did wrong." His cheek were a light pink. "I wanted to make you a special breakfast in bed.." He mumbled softly.

Alfred sighed and wrapped his arms around Arthur, hugging him tightly. "Why don't you go get cleaned up and we'll go out for breakfast? We can clean the kitchen when we get home. Okay?"

Arthur hugged Alfred and nodded his head. "Okay.. Sorry. I didn't mean to make a mess. I don't know what I did wrong! I followed everything on the recipe! I didn't do anything wrong. At least I thought."

Alfred chuckled a bit and smiled. "I really appreciate you trying to do such a sweet thing, but unfortunately babe, cooking isn't exactly your thing."

Arthur moved away from Alfred and crossed his arms. "Rude! My cooking is just fine! Everyone messes up sometimes and today happened to be my mess up day."

"Suuurree. Now go get dressed! We're going to IHop!"

Arthur rolled his eyes and walked to Alfred's room where his clothes were. "Stupid git. My cooking is just fine. So what I messed up a little this time. I could've remade them and it'd be fine!" He complained to himself as he got dressed. He then went downstairs where Alfred was waiting.

Alfred grinned at Arthur and took his hand, dragging him out to the car.

"We don't have to go out. I can make new waffles. I won't mess up." Arthur said as he got into the car, being a bit grumpy.

Alfred found Arthur's grumpiness adorable. "Sorry babe but I'd prefer if my house didn't burn down. Especially while my parents are gone."

"I wouldn't have burnt the damn house down." Arthur crossed his arms and looked out the window as Alfred drove.

A small chuckle was heard from Alfred, making Arthur even angrier. Arthur chose to ignore the American, not wanting to be made fun of or embarrassed anymore.

"Aw Artie? You're not ignoring me are you!?"

Arthur kept his eyes looking out the window and his arms crossed, he was indeed ignoring Alfred.

"I'm sorry Artie, I didn't mean to make you upset. I just wanted to tease you a bit." A small smirk made its way to Alfred's face as he placed his hand on Arthur's thigh, his fingers gently rubbing the insides of Arthur's thighs. "I promise I'll make it up to you when we get home babe." Alfred said in a low voice, making Arthur flustered.

Alfred's hand slowly moved up higher, making Arthur squirm a bit.

"A-Alfred! Stop it! We're going to breakfast! And I'd rather not go into a restaurant with a boner!" Arthur said as he pushed Alfred's hand off him and crossed his legs.