Chapter 11-Before

Playlist: Lies in the dark-Tove Lo

"I'm not wearing that, it's way too revealing, Ivy!"

I shake my head at my best friend, wondering what even possessed her to think I'd even go near that tiny piece of fabric.

"Then why did you even buy it?" She asked with a roll of her eyes.

We were in mine and Justin's room, getting ready to go out. Well, both the girls came over already dressed up and ready to party. It was about an hour earlier that I opened the front door to reveal our friends. It was Matt's idea that we went out to a night club instead of staying in and doing nothing on a Friday night.

The others agreed and managed to convince me into going. I haven't seen Justin ever since receiving the roses and I wasn't sure if he'd even want to join us for the night.

So here I was sitting down in the middle of our bed, legs tucked beneath me while Ivy went through my side of the closet in search for the perfect outfit for me. Peyton was just sitting beside me on the bed, ignoring us as she rested her back against the headboard and busied herself with painting her nails.

"You bought it for my birthday last year, Ivy" I deadpanned.

"Oh..." she pursed her lips before letting out a soft giggle.

"I forgot about that" waving a dismissing hand at me, she turns back to look through my clothes.

"Just let her wear that red spaghetti dress we got together last time we went shopping"

Peyton mumbled, too focused on perfecting her nails. Her lips pursed in concentration, she hated nails that weren't painted to perfection. Blowing on her nails to dry them, she wasn't awaiting a response from either one of us.

Ivy let out a sound you'd make when looking for something specific and finally finding it

Ivy let out a sound you'd make when looking for something specific and finally finding it. She pulls out the dress and turns to me with a huge grin plastered across her face. She waves the dress she was holding at me and I roll my eyes playfully at her, but smile anyways.

I get off the bed and make my way towards her, taking the dress from her, I head into the bathroom, which was attached to the bedroom. Slipping out of my current clothes, which consisted of a pair of sweats and a sweater, and getting into the red dress.

I loved that colour, it has always complimented my skin tone. Picking up my clothes from the counter, I open the door and walk back into the room.

"You look amazing!"

Peyton gushed and Ivy agreed with her, huge smiles were soon gracing all of our faces. Maybe going out tonight wouldn't be such a bad idea. I grab a pair of beige ankle strap heels and slip my feet into them, looking into the long length mirror, I feel good about the outfit we've put together.

Ivy sat me down infront of my vintage dresser, well literally pushed me down to sit on the chair. She was soon working on my makeup without even asking me about the look I wanted to go for. Well, I always went for the same simple look, so that was probably why she didn't even need to ask.