fourteen (skil)

"mmmmmh..." mil groaned sleepily, rubbing her eyes. she sat up in bed and looked around, noticing that her girlfriend wasn't next to her in bed. she sat up farther and smelled a delicious smell wafting in from the bedroom. she climbed out of bed and pulled a sweatshirt on over her pajamas, and walked into the kitchen. as she drew closer, she heard quiet singing coming from the kitchen, something that she rarely heard because skye was always so self conscious about her voice. "good morning." mil said quietly.

"oh!" skye turned around in surprise. "good morning. you're up early!"

"so are you."

"i was just thinking that i could bake you some cupcakes."

"awh, babe." she kissed her girlfriend on the cheek. "thank you."

"just a special little thing for a special little girl." skye hugged mil tightly and kissed her softly.

"i love you."

"i love you too." skye smiled. she tapped the counter. "sit up here while i decorate them." she pulled the cupcakes out of the oven and placed them on a baking rack, pulling ingredients for the frosting out of the pantry.

"can i help?"

"you can help me by just sitting there and looking pretty." skye squeezed mil's knee and began to pour powdered sugar into a bowl.

"are you sure, babe?" mil giggled and blushed, attempting to hide her face.

"of course." skye said, pulling out the electric mixer. she mixed all the ingredients together, and began placing the mixture in a piping bag, tying the top of the bag and cutting the tip. "actually, you can try this."

mil grabbed the bag from skye and squeezed some icing out onto her finger and placing it in her mouth.

"it's really good, skye." mil kissed her nose and readjusted skye's glasses.

"thanks, baby." she kissed her again. "i love you."

"i love you more."

"yeah?"

"yeah."

"i doubt it."

"really? i can prove it."

"then do it, roberts." mil winked, kissing skye on the cheek.