sixteen (maniel)

dream come true ~ fluff

mil walked down the halls in silence, her head bowed. she was incredibly tired, seeing as she had stayed up all night talking to dan.

her best friend jax came up behind her and squeezed her shoulder. "hey."

"hi." mil yawned.

"tired?"

"yeah. really really tired." mil nodded as she stretched.

"here." jax said, handing her a thermos. "drunk this."

mil twisted the lid open and took a sip, the bitter taste of coffee resting on her tongue as the hot liquid rushed down her throat.

"eww." mil grimaced. "that's...eww."

"sorry." jax shrugged. "that's all the cafeteria had."

"it's okay." mil said, re-attaching the lid.

her phone buzzed in her pocket and she pulled it out, smiling in excitement when she read the message.

dan: hey baby ♡

mil: hi babe

dan: are you at school yet?

mil: yeah...i just got here a few minutes ago.

dan: is jax there?

mil: yeah, but i still wish it was you.

dan: me too baby. ):

dan: hey does your school have an admissions office or something ?

mil: yeah. why?

dan: can you go there please ?

mil: but first period starts in a few minutes...

dan: baby please just do it.

the minute she received this message, an announcement came on over the loudspeaker.

'mil suarez please report to the principals office'

"oh fuck..." mil whispered. "did i do something--?"

"i'm sure it's nothing." jax said, pushing her in the direction of the office. "just go look." mil walked slowly to the office, her heartbeat seeming to grow louder with each step.

"ahh, mil!" the principle said when he greeted her in front of the office. "i have a little job for you."

"w-what is it, s-sir?"

"i was hoping you could show a new student around! you know, kinda be his first friend?"

"sure." mil nodded slowly.

"okay." the principal said. "you can come out now." a kid stepped out from behind the principal and flashed her a bright smile. "this is--"

"daniel!" mil screamed in delight, throwing her arms around his neck.

"hey, millie." dan said, hugging her back.

"i take it you two know each other?" the principal asked.

"yeah. we're really good friends." dan said, squeezing her hips.

"well, then. i'll let you two get settled. and, just so you won't be confused, we have ensured the fact that you and mil are in all the same classes."

"wow..." dan smiled. "t-thank you."

"now, hurry kids." the principal laughed. "you don't want to be late."

lunchtime

"okay." mil said. "so this is where i usually sit, and then this is--" she looked over at the lunch line and gasped. "oh god--"

"baby?" dan asked. "is everything okay?"

"umm--"

"hey there, queer." a boy said. he shoved mil over and she fell to the ground, her kneecaps making a hollow sound as they hit the tile. dan rushed to her side and helped her up.

"what the fuck, man?" dan said, walking over to the boy. "why would you do that? she didn't do anything."

"fuck off, man." the boy hissed. dan stepped closer, allowing the boy to realize that dan was taller by three or so inches. 

"how about you fuck off and leave my girlfriend alone." dan hissed, jabbing him in the chest. 

"fine." the boy growled. he walked off, mumbling to himself. dan sat down next to his girlfriend and kissed her cheek. 

"thank you, dan." she said quietly. "he's made my life a living hell for the past few months."

"fuck..." dan said. "that sucks."

"i love you." mil whispered, snuggling closer. 

"i love you too, baby. i love you too."