fifteen (maniel)

prom night ~ fluff

"skylar?" mil said. "come over now. i'm freaking out."

"what seems to be the problem?"

"i don't know what to wear, my hands are shaking so bad i can't do my makeup, my hair isn't cooperating, i--"

"shh, shh, shh." skylar said. "i'll be over in a few minutes."

"oh thank god." mil gasped, throwing her arms around skylar's neck. skylar was wearing a flowy pink dress with a silver belt, matched with silver strappy heels.

"here...i'll help you decide what to wear while you brush your hair, and then i'll help you with your makeup. skylar said, walking inside. "okay?"

"yeah." mil nodded. they walked up the stairs together and skylar looked at the dresses laid out on mil's bed, noting the pros and cons of each ones.

"what shoes are you going to wear?"

"probably the black ones."

"the heels?"

"yeah."

"no, no, no. your feet will be killing you by the end of the night. wear the flats."

"but they don't look good with the blue dress..."

"then don't wear the blue dress. i like the red one the best anyways."

"okay." mil said, sliding her sweatshirt off and pulling the dress on over her head, reaching around to zip it up.

"let me help you." skylar said, zipping the dress up. "okay now sit down." mil sat down in front of her bathroom counter and skylar stepped behind her and began to brush her hair.

"ow!" mil yelped. "ow, ow, ow!"

"okay." skylar sighed, tossing the brush aside. "let's just braid your hair." she divided mil's hair into three sections and began to braid it.

"hey...you never told me. how did he ask?"

"well..."

[three weeks ago]

"hey, mil." dan said, slinging an arm around mil.

"hey, you." mil laughed. "what's up?"

"do you have a prom date yet?"

"nah." mil said, taking a bite of her apple. "i don't even think i'm going."

"c'mon, mil...it's gonna be fun. there's gonna be dancing and food and kids acting crazy..."

"you had me at food." mil laughed, hugging her best friend.

"who are you thinking of going with?"