Chapter XXIII

Its been a week and a half now, we've decided to stay away from the house for now.

Professor Dolan has given mum a job, as the new culinary arts teacher due to our previous had left us, for what ever reason we haven't seen miss katiniss around in a while now.

I've even had to explain to alicia to not tell anyway she knows me, let alone related. She didn't like it at first but obliged. I told her what people thought of me, and how i've spent my school years.

She had the argument of i do have friends, referring to zane and Cara. I explained how short our friendship really is though.

But everything seems to be playing out quite well. Alicia even though being a year younger than our first year students, has made a few friends and is doing exceptional in class.

Mum is also loving her new job, now she doesn't have to worry about what to do for the day, she is very enthusiastic to get to class, and ends up being thirty minutes early. When ever she has spare time she goes and spends time with the headmaster. Still clueless to my life among my piers and teachers. I don't know what the headmaster has told her or what he said but she has not revealed to anyone else that she is my mother. The teachers and students seem to be unfamiliar with there being a nee teacher therefore refraining from speak of me, for now.

"Okay class, i hope everyone is ready, i know its not a very easy or intimidating class, but a test can be, no matter the subject - ahh byron, i have not been here long but you seem to have left quite an impression on me. The rest of the class have been here five minutes already, and yet you always seem to be the last one, by a few minutes also"

"Im sorry ma'am its just hard to get motivated for boring classes"

"Oh is that so. Mister, here is a life lesson. First impressions count, remember that. Now your five minute late, now pick a number between five and fifty, you know what lets say fifty-five. Five and fifty-five. Pick a number and round it to the closest five"

"Fourty-five" mum rights something on two small pieces of paper and turns around.

"Thats good, take your time, your not being rushed. Now i have an apple and a cup of lollies. Pick one, don't speak, just grab it"

He instantly heads for the cup and takes it without hesitation.

"Good now there is a piece of paper in it, read it out"

"Fourty-five"

"Yes, now on the back"

"Minutes"

"Great, thats how long you will be staying behind after class" there snickers and giggles passed around by the class

"Wow your on fire" i say "a real hot shot" more laughter "way to start the day off with a bang" just about everyone gas joined in now

"Thats enough now students, byron take your seat please"

It would have been easier to walk past the front of the class but he went out if his way to say hello to little old me.

As he passed he knocked my pens on the ground, to get even i pushed my chair out as he passed behind and he tripped into the next desk. I lent down and grabbed my pens as i got up he grabbed my shirt and spun me around holding me by the collar.

"I was starting to feel a cold shoulder, good thing you showed up" i nudge my head at his hand

"Listen freak-"

"Woah what did you have for breakfast, tuna and stink bugs. Thats something different, you normally stick to a diet of hot coals. Isn't that what give your hair the orangey glow. Hmm its looking a little dull today"