Chapter 2 Home

Chapter 2

Valeria's P.O.V.

"Why don't we just take a plane," I said as I dragged my suitcase to the backseat of Aidan's car.

"Because then we have to go through the whole process of buying the tickets waiting for the plane and then having to sit in a plane for hours. It's better if we just drive there our selves," he spoke as he finished putting the rest of his things in the car.

"That's true, but you are driving first," I announced as I walked toward the passenger seat.

"Okay, but don't come complaining to me when you don't like how I drive."

I let out a laugh remembering how one time he almost ran over an old women.

"I don't even know how you got your license."

"To tell you the truth I flirted with the driving instructor," he said as he started his car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"I can't believe you would do that. On the other hand now I know that you shouldn't be driving," I said looking him over.

"Does that mean that you want to drive?" he asked.

"I'll take my chances with you behind the wheel," I said as I turned the air up, and put my sunglasses on to block the sun from hitting my eyes.

"How long is it going to take to get to Maine anyway," I asked starring at the road ahead of us.

"About fifteen hours," Aidan responded.

"Fifteen hours; what are we supposed to do in that time?" I asked.

"Sleep, talk, listen to music, stop to eat, nothing, I spy" Aidan said as he listed things at the top of his head.

"Let's talk you always manage to keep me entertained," I said.

"Fine, you want me to tell you what happened when I went to go quit my job yesterday?" he asked me.

"What?"

"Well after I spoke to alpha Nolan, and I left the pack house I was running back here when I ran into a rogue."

"A rogue how did they manage to get in? The territory is well secured by all the men that alpha Nolan has around the place," I said.

"I don't know, but anyway he didn't try to attack me. He actually shifted into his human form, and asked me if I had seen any other rogues pass through there."

"And did you? What did you tell him?"

"I told him the truth that he was the only rogue that I had seen."

"So then what?"

"He shifted back, and took of running."

"Did he tell you who he was?"

"I think he said his name started with a C but I can't remember exactly what it was."

"That's weird, who do you think he was looking for?" I asked.

"Probably his mate or one of his friends," Aidan spoke.

After speaking for a while more I started to get tired, so I listened to some music.

I couldn't seem to get what Aidan had told me about that rogue out of my head.

I know that it must be hard living as a rogue, and that wolves don't always turn rogues because they want to, but because they are forced to by the situation that they find themselves in.

What if that rogue he had run into was looking for his mate?

..................................................