Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Song Themes For This Chapter: Bad Attitude – Deep Purple; Dark Horse – Katy Perry

Rose

“Liam, give Rose some pancakes.”  Louis orders.

I frown at him.  One, I told him I was going to eat when I got home.  Two, he could have said it a little nicer.

Louis grabs a plate and places it down in front of me as Liam scoops up two pancakes with his fork and drops them onto the plate.

“Thank you, Liam.”  I say politely before shifting my eyes to Louis.  “But I told Louis I would eat at home.”

“Fine then, just eat one pancake.  Niall or someone will eat the other.”

“I’ll eat when I get home.”  I repeat more firmly this time.  If he was going to be stubborn with me and think I was just going to follow his every command if he uses a sharp tone then clearly I had to show him some boundaries.

He narrows his eyes at me before rolling them and releasing the tension in his shoulders.  “Fine.”  He replies, turning his head back to his plate as he continued eating.

Three of the other boys were sat around us at the table eating away.  Niall was said to be in his room, surprisingly taking his time.  Zayn had said that Niall is usually the first one to arrive when it came to food.

“Sorry I took so long.  Hope you guys didn’t eat all the food on me!”  Niall chuckles as he quickly comes in and sits down between Zayn and Harry.

I instantly notice the bruised spot around his right eye.  Now, considering these boys are technically a gang and I am not naïve to believe they don’t get in a lot of gang fights or similar problems; but my first thought is, “did Louis do that?”

While he’s scooping up at least four pancakes onto his plate, Niall notices me staring at him and I awkwardly look down for a moment.

He sends me a small smile when I look back up.  He certainly didn’t seem friendly towards me before... it was nice but why the sudden change?

“You alright there?”  Niall asks with a light chuckle.  I didn’t realize I was staring at him again.

“Oh… yes… I’m fine.  It’s just… your eye...”

“Oh.  It’s just a little bruise, nothing to worry about.”  He smiles and shovels a big piece of pancake into his mouth.

I turn to Louis who is staring blankly at Niall while chewing on his food.  “Did you do that to him?”

Louis rolls his eyes again and swallows the food in his mouth before turning to look at me.  “Rose, don’t worry about it.”

“No, Louis.  Tell me, did you do that to him?!”  I raise my voice a little.  I see the other boys watching us from the corners of their eyes while they eat.

“Rose, let it go.  I’m fucking serious.”  He raises his voice back at me, giving me a stern look.

“Why did you do that?  Did you punch him and tell him to be nice to me because of what I told you he said at the convenience store?!”

Louis stands up from his seat, glaring down at me.  “Yes, I did!  I didn’t want him talking to you like that!  What, you prefer him talking to you like that?!  Is that what you want, Rose?!”

I stand up as well; nose to nose with him, aside from him being slightly taller than me.  “No, of course not!  But I don’t want you punching or threatening your friends!  That’s not right, Louis!”