Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Song Themes For This Chapter: Don’t Forget – Demi Lovato; Give Your Heart A Break – Demi Lovato; Hold On – Colbie Caillat; Take My Hand – The Cab

Rose

Louis had led me to some cabin off into the woods, not too far from the warehouse.  It seemed to be about a twenty-minute walk.  He told me this was where he came sometimes, just to be alone.  It was a relatively small little cabin, seemingly abandoned, with only one bedroom with a small lamp and a mattress in the middle of the room.

I stayed with my back close to the wall by the open doorway to the bedroom, arms folded across my chest, hugging my arms as I crouched inwards against the wall.  I watched Louis as he slowly walked around the room, sliding his fingertips along the wooden walls as he looked up and around.

The silence wasn’t uncomfortable.  The uncertainty of what Louis was going to say when he decided to break it was.

He slowly turns halfway, his gaze instantly connecting with mine.  My breath hitches.  His expression is soft, hinting at curiosity.  Lips parted and eyes gentle as we remain silently staring at each other from opposite sides of the room.

He wants to say something but he doesn’t know what to say.  He eventually frowns, his hand falling away from the wall as he turns his back to me again.  The energy in the room and between us was gray and dreary.

Despite his back being turned to me, I keep my eyes on him.  I know he’s juggling numerous thoughts in his head as well; the plain wooden wall cannot be that fascinating to stare at.

“What’s something you’ve always wanted?”  He says suddenly.

I’m taken aback, I wasn’t expecting such a random question like that.  “Um… I don’t know…”

“Think for a second.”  He says, turning his head to the side.

“Well… I like getting tangible things from people that I love, the item doesn’t have to be a work of art, the meaning behind it is what matters most to me.  Then it gives me something that will always remind me of them.  It’s something that they’ve created uniquely and for me.”

“What else?”  Louis says as he turns around to face me again.  His expression now that familiar blankness that I often find myself confused with.

I swallow hard; I don’t know where he’s going with this.  “I’ve always wanted to go swimming with whoever I ended up dating, I think it’d be romantic.  In particular for you and I, we’ve never gone out to dinner really.  I think that would be nice.  I’ve never danced in the rain or been kissed in the rain… it’s always been one of my fantasies.  I’ve never laid under the blue sky and talked about the shapes I found in the clouds, but I’ve wanted to since I was a child.”

I trail off as I catch a smile forming on his lips.  He slowly walks up to me and lifts his hands to touch my arms but he quickly drops them back by his sides.

“Those are interesting dreams.”  He says.  “I’m adding them to my to-do list so I can show you how much I love you instead of just saying it.  But I will continue to say it too.”

He leans in and presses his lips to mine.  I don’t stop him, I don’t pull back; I reciprocate his slow, gentle movements against my lips and rest my hands on his chest.  His hands firmly grip my sides and he lightly pulls me forward against his body.

After Louis pulls back, he’s still wearing a smile on his face while I wear a slight frown.

“I can’t just forget what happened, Louis.  I can’t just forgive you right away.”  I peer at him with pleading eyes.