Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Song Themes For This Chapter: How To Save A Life – The Fray

Peter

I walked up the path to Rose’s front door, swaying a little.  God, I felt so worn out and my headache had only gotten worse.  Aaron waited out in the truck as I asked him to, not that he really wanted to see Rose considering he held a grudge for the way she’s treated me.

I rang the doorbell to her house and almost as soon as I brought my hand away from it, the door swung open.  Her father and mother on the other side.

“Peter!  What are you doing here?”  Her mother asks with wide eyes.

“And what happened to you?  You have a bandage on your head and you don’t look well.”  Her father observes.

“I-I just came to see Rose… you see, I kind of got into a car accident last night and Rose conveniently found me and she brought me to a hospital.  She called my best friend, Aaron, to come get me and then she left.  She said she was going to bring my truck home but we saw it there in the parking garage and I found some of her things scattered around there.  Her phone, her purse, even her shoes that she was wearing.  I didn’t know what to do, I was hoping I’d come here and see her here and she’d explain everything to me and that she’d be okay.”

“She ran off with that boy yesterday and we have not seen her since.”  Her father says in a disgusted tone.

“Oh!  Jonathan!  What if something’s happened to her?!”  Her mother, Elizabeth, says worriedly; her hand reaching up to cover her mouth.

“I should also tell you… I saw a bit of blood on the ground in the parking garage where I found her stuff.”  I swallowed hard.  I didn’t want to give them any more bad news but I felt they should know all the information I could give them.

Elizabeth gasps.  Jonathan’s face goes white.  I give them a look of sympathy.  I wish I had more information, not just so I could give them hope that Rose was okay but also because my mind, heart, and stomach were all overwhelming me with the uncertainty.  What happened to you, Rose?

Louis

I parked my motorcycle a few blocks away from Rose’s house, just in case her parents saw, I wasn’t sure what I was walking into if her parents were home.

As soon as I got off my motorcycle and flipped the kickstand up with my foot, my cellphone rang.  I anxiously pulled it out of my pocket, flipped it up and put it to my ear.

“Rose?!  Is that you?!  Are you alright?!”

A male voice chuckles on the other end.  “Sorry to disappoint you, Louis, but I’m afraid this isn’t your pretty little girlfriend.  I do happen to know where she is though.  If you’re interested.”

My blood boiled with sudden rage.  “Rick.  What the hell did you do with her?!”

“Now, now.  Be nice.  You don’t want your girlfriend suffering because you pissed me off now, do you?”

I let out a breath, trying to calm myself down.  “Where is she?”  I ask in a slightly softer tone.

“Oh, she’s here.  A little tied up and unconscious.  She caused a bit of a hassle, we had to get a little rough with her.”  I can hear the grin in his voice.

I close my eyes and grip my head with my free hand as I struggle to keep calm when what I really wanna do is bash his face inside out.

“What do you want, Rick?”  I breathe, hopelessness and desperation clear in my voice.