Chapter 2: Yokosuka University

About A Year Ago
    Yokosuka University is a very prestigious school and over 90,000 people sign up. However, only 10,000 get accepted. My high school grades were 4.00 and I was in all the honors classes, not to mention I take extra curricular activities such as guitar and volley ball.
    One day a teacher from Yokosuka interviewed me.
    "Ryumi Mitsuki..." He murmured as he fixed his glasses. "Honors graduate from Korotu High School."
   I nodded, fidgeting in my seat.
    "Who do you live with?" He asked.
    "My father." I replied.
    "And your mother?"
    I paused quietly for a moment, avoiding his gaze.
    "... In the hospital."
    "I see.." He said simply and continued asking questions. "Why do you wish to be in Yokosuka?"
I tried to answer this as honest as possible.
"Well, I want to become a doctor so I can try to find solutions to diseases, like my mother's, and help the families experiencing grief."
"And you realize that you could fail?"
"I'm not afraid of failure, after all... You wouldn't learn anything from constant achievement."
"Hm..." He hummed with curiosity. "Where do you work?"
    "I work at Myori Health Center."
     "Thank you for your time, Ms. Mitsuki. We will be sending a letter in about a week."
    I walked out of the room, shaking. Did I make it in? 

    Obviously A Week Later
    "Pops! I'm home!" I called. I opened the door and walked inside the small house.
"Ryu!" My dad said. His white hair flopping as he turned. "You have mail."
OhmylorditsYokosukawhattheheck. I thought. Immediately I went to the table, which had a fancy envelope. I ripped it open and it read:

From Yokosuka University
Hello, Ryumi Mitsuki.
We appreciate your interest in joining Yokosuka. Since we only have a limited amount of space, we have selected you as one of 10,000 students to attend. You have many qualities of a Yokosuka student. Congratulations!

"I-I made it in!" I shouted. My father turned to me and smiled, hugging me. It was the first time in forever that I was happy. I didn't realize that 5 blocks away, someone else was accepted into Yokosuka as well.