Chapter 11: A Few Weeks Left

I woke up the morning after the whole "performance" with a sore throat. I got up from the floor and looked around for Satsuki.
Oh yeah, she's in class... I GET THE DAY OFF BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE CLASSES TODAY!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I thought mischievously. But then I remembered that I had work today. I immediately looked at the clock which the time was 11:15 A.M.
    "HOLY SHOOOOOT!!!" I screamed as I tried to get ready as fast as possible. I had to be in at 11:30.
    I was finally ready and was on my way to the Myori Health Center. I was dressed in a light blue shirt with the same color pants. I worked as a nurse for my mom sometimes. When I walked in I greeted the secretary and I was heading towards my mother's room. I opened the door to find three nurses and a doctor.
    "Oh, hello? Something wrong?" I asked calmly, but deep inside I was worried to death.
    "Ms. Mistuki, can we talk?" The doctor asked.
    "Yes." I said as we both walked out and closed the door. The doctor sighed and put his hand on my shoulder.
    "I'm afraid... I'm afraid that you're mother, has a few weeks to live." He said sadly.
    I said nothing, I dared not to breathe. I prayed this was just a nightmare.
    "Her illness is untreatable..." He sighed.
    "Thank you...." I whispered softly before tears came out like a waterfall. I ran out of the clinic, crying and sobbing.
    Your mother only has a few weeks to live. Those words rang in my head over and over, and before I realized it, I was under the cherry blossom again. I sat in the rain, not caring if I got wet. After an hour, Satsuki walked back from Yokosuka to visit me at work but she saw me under the cherry blossom crying.
    "Ryumi? What happened? You're gonna get sick out here" She asked holding her umbrella over me.
    "Satsuki..... *sniff*...Nothing..." I sniffed.
    "The last time I saw you like this was when the jerk cheated on you." She said.
    "I'm fine!! Okay!?" I snapped. She recoiled in shock.
    "R-ryumi?!" She stammered.
    "I'm sorry..." I said softly. Satsuki stared at me in sympathy and pulled me into a hug.
    "It's okay.... Tell me what happened." She said trying to comfort me.
    "My... My mom... *sniff*... She's going to die!" I shouted, tears spilling down my face. I heard Satsuki gasp and she pulled me into a tighter hug.
    "I'm so sorry..." She whispered. I sighed shakily, taking in her warmth.
    "It's not your fault.... She-she'll be in a better place." I said with a voice crack. Everything crumbled apart for me that day, but Satsuki made it a little better than it would be alone. My mom would be in a better place soon, it hurt but I know she'll be watching over me.