Chapter 29: Goodbye

Eventually the time came for Satsuki to leave, and I drove her to the Japan International Airport. When we got there, I sat with her in the baggage check. During our lasts moments together, we held each other tightly in each other's arms.
"I-I don't know what I'm gonna do without you..." She sobbed.
"Me neither..." I sniffed. This was a painful time and I couldn't hold back my tears. I don't know how long it would be until we embraced like this again.
    "Look..." She murmured, taking out something from her pocket. It was a ring, a small golden ring. "It's a family heirloom, and I want you to have it.... To remember me by." I blushed hard.
    "This... Seems like you're proposing to me." I said. She immediately flushed red and covered her face.
    "NO!!! I'm lending you a family jewelry piece and I fully expect for you to return it when I get back." She shouted defiantly.
    "So you're saying I should propose to you when you get back?" I ask with a grin. Satsuki gaped at me.
    "That's obviously not what I'm- You know what I changed my mind, give it back!" She said.
    "Noooo, it's mine now!" I called while running away from her. She chased after me and tackled me. We both got up laughing and Satsuki's green eyes met mine. She leaned in until our noses touched.
    "Remember... This was how we fell in love..." She whispered.
    "How could I ever forget?" I replied, leaning in to kiss her. We stood there quietly for a few moments.
   "Will the two ladies in baggage check please stop flirting? Please it's awkward for all of us." We heard from the PA. We burst out in laughter, our time together slowly ending momentarily. I kiss her one last time.... Before I watched her leave. But I wasn't sad, because I knew that one day, we would embrace once more.