Chapter 7: That's Why I Love You

Satsuki finally made it to the empty classroom and I was sitting in a chair, observing the petals.
    "Sorry I was late! I had a class at the south wing." She chirped.
    "Its okay."
    She walked to the window, looking at the pink petals float in the soft wind.
    "Remember how the day you met me, I asked someone out?" She asked.
    "Yeah?" I say suspiciously.
    "The real reason why I was late was that the boy asked me out." I sat there, trying to hide my jealousy.
    "A-and what did you say?"
   "I told him that I was out of reach for him now. Even though part of me wanted to be with him so badly, I knew he wouldn't love me for who I was." She explained sadly. I stood up and pulled her into a hug.
    "Its-Its okay... You'll find someone better." I comforted. Without a warning, she stretched up and kissed the top of my head.
    "I already have..." Satsuki murmured. I blushed immediately, still hugging her.
    "R-really? And-and who would th-that be?" I stammered.
    "You, of course." She answered with a smile. "Ryumi, when you handed me your umbrella, you didn't care if you got wet. Even though I was a total stranger, you were very caring. That's why I pulled you under with me, because I saw something in you I couldn't ignore. You were willing sacrifice something to someone whom you didn't even know." Satsuki looked up at me. "That's why I love you."
    I gazed at her, blushing. Then she started pulling me gently to her face. She leaned in once more-
   "Wait." I say.
    "O-oh.. Okay." She stuttered with disappointment.
    "I've gone out with someone before... and even though it was a lovely relationship, he didn't love me. Satsuki, I-I don't know if I can be in one again." I explained. She looked down and nodded sadly. "But," I continued. "You have this look in your eyes... That--That you're different from everyone else."
    Satsuki looked up at me again and smiled. She laced her arms around my neck, gazing at me with her beautiful, green eyes. I leaned in, close enough for me to feel her warm breath on my lips-
    "Hello, darling." A familiar voice cooed.
    "I regret everything..." I muttered, but when I turned around, I saw Frey standing in the doorway.