Chapter 18: I'm Gonna Try

Satsuki and I sat on her bed, looking for NASA sites on astronomy classes and requirements.
    "A bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, physical science, computer science or mathematics.
At least three years of related professional experience obtained after degree completion OR at least 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time on jet aircraft.
The ability to pass the NASA long-duration astronaut physical. Distant and near visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20 for each eye. The use of glasses is acceptable." She read. Satsuki breathed out quickly. "That's a lot of requirements!"
    "Okay. First you need to get those grades up!" I instructed.
    "Alright!"
    "Then, I'm going to figure out how to get you in 1,000 hours of pilot-in-command!"
    "Awh! You don't have to!"
    "I want to! Which will probably be in at least 10 years." I said confidently as she hugged me tight.
"Wait..... But are we still going to be together by then?" She asked. That question hit me like a bullet going through my chest.
"Satsuki... If your feelings ever do change by then, it'd be okay with me." I say sadly.
"How can you say that!? How can you possibly say it's okay for me not to love you?!" She shouted. I recoiled at her sudden anger, but I pulled her into a hug to try and calm her.
"I'm sorry, love..." I whispered. "I don't ever want you to leave me. But people do change, except that I will always love you." She turned to me with a gentle smile and kissed me softly on the lips.
"I'm always going to love you too." Satsuki responded.
"I know I'm committing to a lot... But I want to." I said.
"Thank you, Ryumi." She murmured.
"Are you physically fit?" I asked.
"I'm a couch potato! No I'm not!" She spat.
"We can work with this." I giggled.
"Okay.." She sighed. "I'm gonna try."

Author's note:
Hiya, it's GasPippyXD. Yes I know it's a stupid name, it's a fricken free country, leave me alone. Well anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for all the reads, even though I only got one vote per chapter (thanks mucho miraculous_kookie, love u lots), I'm happy I got almost 200 reads. Feeling noticed is good! I know this story is kinda cringe worthy and very, very unrealistic, but it's my first story I've ever written. I don't really know that much about signing up for being an astronaut of some shiz like that! I mean, I TRIED. Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for reading I guess? It isn't over yet though!! See ya!